Question about Magic Chef CER3760 Electric Kitchen Range
Hi. this is referring to a Defective touch pad or clock (ERC). This will need to be corrected. Normally, you will need to, simply, replace the main control Board(ERC).
Follow this testing procedure to confirm the damage.
This simple test will help determine whether the ERC (Electronic Range Control or Clock) or the touch pad is defective when F1 error code is present.
Note: Some models incorporate the touch pad in to the ERC as a single assembly, in which case this test is not necessary. Simply replace the ERC (Clock).
Warning: If you feel in any way uncomfortable performing this test or making this repair, please contact a qualified appliance repair technician.
1. Disconnect power to the range (unplug the range power cord or turn the power off to the range at the circuit breaker). It is very important that the power to the range has been disconnected, so please double check before continuing.
2. Gain access inside the control panel.
3. Disconnect the touch pad (also called keypad or membrane switch) ribbon from the ERC.
4. Make sure there are no lose wires, or anything else that may cause a short when power is turned back on. Assemble the control panel back the way it was.
5. Turn the power back on.
6. Wait for at least one hour to see if the F1 code comes back (usually accompanied by a beeping sound).
7. If F1 comes back, replace the ERC. If it does not, replace the touch pad.
Posted on Nov 25, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 08, 2010 | Magic Chef 9815 Electric Single Oven
Apr 23, 2010 | Magic Chef 31000 Gas Kitchen Range
Nov 17, 2009 | Magic Chef CER3725AA Electric Kitchen...
Sep 13, 2009 | Magic Chef 9815 Electric Single Oven
Jan 03, 2008 | Whirlpool 30" Self-Cleaning Freestanding...
Dec 01, 2007 | Magic Chef CER3725AA Electric Kitchen...
Nov 18, 2007 | Maytag MGR5751AD Gas Kitchen Range
924 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: