I'm using the CWA-854 as a repeater. If I turn off WEP encryption in my network it works fine. When I set encryption on my network the CWA-854 can't connect anymore. I noticed there is no way to set the encryption for the repeater mode !!! I can set encryption for the WDS but there is no way to specify the encryption for the repeater mode !!! This is very strange it seems the guys at CNET should upgrade the firmware to include this very basic feature... or I'm missing something here ? The status menu in the management menu shows the following:
Wireless Repeater Interface ConfigurationMode
Connected In fact the Encryption should be set to WEP but there is no way to do that !!! How the CWA repeater mode can show as connected if there is no Encryption and the network I'm connecting to is encrypted ? Please post a reply if you have the answer to this riddle... Any help greaty apreciated as this product is absolutely useless in my case without encryption.
I couldn't manage to get the CWA-854 to work in repeater mode with WEP encryption enabled, but it is possible to use MAC Access Control even in repeater mode. Just put the CWA-854 in Access Point (AP) mode, add the MAC addresses you wish to allow in the Access Control tab and selecting Allow Listed from the pull-down menu, and then go back to the repeater configuration you posted. In this way, you may not have encryption, but you can still block others from connecting to your wireless network.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Rough Translation: GoodeveningI have an accesspointcwa-854andI can notentertheaddress192.168.1.253.Do notknow ifthisis necessaryforfunctionsthatthe truthafter it isinstalledI failto connect.GabrielaBest
Two aspects have to be considered to establish a network with brideable functions
1. The computer infrustrure have to be built, for example the computers have to be connected to each other by physcal cables to achieve the first steps the the second steps requiring wireless functionality.
2.The wireless devices like modems transfer signals between the two device to communicate otherwise would have communicated by wire connectivty of cables. The wireless device creates a bridge between the two devices also called an access point located on the computer networking area ( open my computer, click system settings and select networking functionality for any alteration purposes)
3.Once each device in the connection is ready functioning, the access point becomes visible message that could be manipulted by the computer administrator.
4. Clicking on the system networking settings will allow customisable features explanable
a. The network area would have the option of creating passwords to every device for reasons of that each device on the network is a separate entity only possible to achieve connectivey by another device providing wireless capability.
b. manipulate the wireless features that would only be displayed after each gadget on the infrastructure has been phically connected with wires amongs one another and to power supply in which instance to be powered on.
c. the modem once powered on should recognise an available computer physical establishment because wireless chips are embeded in every entity of the setup.
d. The computer display of message about wireless signal recognistion is then manipulated to suit the administrators specifications explanable.
1. A user name and password are established for reasons of contolling access to the connection of several devices
2. The device could function without passwords and username only becomes available to every demander making possible connectivty so several untilities and infructure.
1. Your computer set up of networks are a network that when capable of communicating elswhere with additional networks insfrustures together is an internet.
2. Rememer to setup your newkwork properly or esle access could not be made into another network and vise versa.
3. If you set up any passwords and user names in the process of establishing a network,, other persons requiring connectivety woudld requrre what is called Codes in computer temnology to acess the network. whenever the passwors are lost would compromise your acess to the link of wireless signals as well.
You need to login to the router and go to the save/reload settings section.
You can reset this Wireless Access Point back to its default settings by clicking on Reset button, and then press OK button to confirm your decision. Note: you can also hold down the reset button on this Wireless Access Point’s panel for more than 10 seconds to reset its default settings back to factory default.
The repeater must be the same brand as the signal it is repeating. Different routers / access points work in slightly different ways and the current generation of wireless repeaters aren't smart enough to work with other brands.
It's kind of like trying to put an engine from a Nissan Altima into a Honda Accord... both make the car move but they aren't the same inside.