Question about Daewoo DV-6T955B DVD Player/VCR
The problem sounds like one I had. If so, the cause is as follows.
The Daewoo ouputs synchronisation information on the green channel of the RGB outputs (which are pins in the SCART socket) The Panasonic TV automatically preferentially selects the RGB input in the SCART rather than the composite video signal in the SCART. The video circuits in the Panasonic should ignore the sync on the green channel but instead interpret the sync as green signal information which means the adjustment of the green channel is upset leading to a very green picture.
1. From the TV, manually select composite video input, not RGB. This may not be possible - I think the TV automatically goes for the RGB if it is present.
2. Disconnect the wire to pin 16 in the SCART socket. This is the signal from the VCR/DVD to indicate that RGB is available. Disconnecting it means the TV defaults to the composite video. This is what I did.
3. Connect the TV to the VCR/DVD using component or S-VHS leads only.
Posted on Feb 22, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
The AV1 and AV2 switch position can be used to program a
VCR, DVD, STEREO, 2nd DIRECTV Receiver or 2nd TV with
the following instructions.
1. Turn on the component (e.g. DVD Player) you wish to
3. Move the slide switch under the AV1 (or AV2) icon.
4. Press and hold the MUTE and SELECT keys at the same
time until the green light under AV1 (or AV2) flashes
twice and then release both keys.
5. Using the number keys enter the 5-digit code for your
brand of component being programmed. If performed
correctly the green light under TV will flash twice.
6. Aim the remote at your component and press the power
key once. The component should turn off. If it does not
turn off, repeat steps 3 and 4 trying each code for your
brand until you find the correct code.
7. Repeat steps 1 through 6 to program a new component
under AV2 (or AV1).
Feb 21, 2011 | Samsung BD-P1200 Blu-Ray Disc Player
Feb 06, 2011 | Samsung DVD-VR375 DVD Recorder/VCR
Dec 08, 2009 | Panasonic DMR-E55 DVD Recorder
Sep 24, 2009 | Panasonic DMR-ES40V DVD-Video Recorder
Sep 04, 2009 | Panasonic DMR-ES30 DVD Recorder/VCR
Aug 12, 2009 | DVD & Blu-Ray Players
Aug 04, 2009 | Panasonic DMR-E30 DVD Recorder
May 04, 2009 | DVD & Blu-Ray Players
Apr 05, 2009 | JVC XV-S300 DVD Player
Dec 09, 2008 | Philips MRV700VR DVD Recorder/VCR
521 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!