I have sev. probs with the Tom tom and I'm trying one solution to fix one of the errors but I cannot figure out how to get this one working:
When I connect via bluetooth it shows the bond request from my Krzr K1m phone and the Tom Tom multiple times. I'm using verizon but not verizon's firmware so my bluetooth capabilities are fine. still, I cannot connect to the device easily and when I do connect, text messages are disabled.
Also, I do not know how to use any sort of wireless data connection with the Tom Tom and my phone. Is it even supported? I tried KRZR k1 but that's a GSM model so I'm not sure that will work. Verizon is not even listed in the choice for carriers.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
It is likely that the SD card (data) is corrupted. I'm assuming that it had previously worked properly.
Have you tried running a (fix) disk utility against your (internal disk or SD card) storage for the GPS ?
For instance, connect the GPS to your PC (Windows), and select (highlight) the (internal) "disk" on the GPS device. Under File - Properties, go to the Tools (tab) and run the "Error-Checking" option.
This utility may fix your data error.
If not, consider doing a restore (from backup) of your GPS disk storage.
either your car charger cord has a short or break in it, or your charge port (lighter socket) dont work. check your fuses to see if it aint something there, then try to find another cord. It wont be a prob with your TT as it is still able to charge from usb. The problem has to be on the car or car charger (still should be an easy fix)
try swithching device off then back on. tap volume bar at bottom. if this does not work reset device by using small pin in base of sat nav, this is underneath and is a small hole which says reset by it.
Good luck and please feel free to rate my response.
I had the same problem after downloading the latest maps, the unit was slow to boot up and would not find any satelites. I had no response from e-mails to Tom tom tech support and I was going to give up and buy a new device if this fix failed. I had tried paper clip resets and resetting to factory settings but they had not worked.
After reading the previous answer to this link I searched Tom tom support for 'clear flash' and the search results were more useful than the FAQ on the normal support pages.
I used Tom tom home to uninstall the current software application and then reinstalled the latest version (I had to go through several updates as my version of the software was from when I purchased the unit in 2007), I then downloaded and ran Clear flash and made sure that I disconnected the tom tom from my PC using the correct procedure (using the eject button in the bottom of the tom tom home screen as I read that this could have contributed to the problem in the first place).
After another reset the device came to life and after a few minutes searching for satelites outside the device worked as it should (try checking the configure GPS option if it is taking a while to find a signal, it could be just me but it seems to speed up the search process).
I have a similar problem also. I bought a new unit with speed cams installed, the software advised to update the unit, on completion of the update it removed all the speed cams!!! tom tom said it was a bug in the update and to wait till now 26/10/07 for the fix. I have tried to download the fix, but this crashes at 99% install. and advises an error on my E drive which is the tom tom. suggest you try as my card may also be faulty, this may correct your fault