Question about Toshiba Satellite A105-S4334 Notebook
My computer is not detecing my microphone when i make a phone using Yahoo Voice service. I have the latest Yahoo downloaded on my computer also. Im currently overseas and I went to my internet provider. He says its something dealing with the computer. I was able to test my microphone and headset and it was working fine. The only time Im having a problem is making a call through the internet.
Troubleshooting - Can't get voice chat to work.
Here are a few things you should know and check for to get the voice chat to work. · Firewalls - the voice chat feature may not work well behind company firewalls. Even though you can get other features of Yahoo! Messenger to work, the voice chat feature uses separate technology and may not work as well.
· Check connection - When you enter into a voice chat with friends, each participant should take turns trying to press and hold down the Press to Talk button. Everyone else should see their name turn red when they do that. If you see their names turn red, but don't hear anything, it may be a microphone / speaker problem, or it may be that we have more bugs that we need to fix. If you don't see their name turn red, you are probably having connection problems and that's why it's not working.
· Get the latest version - Please make sure that everyone who is using the voice chat feature has the latest version.
· Check mic and speakers - Check that your microphone works and that your speakers are turned on. Here's how:
* make sure the mic is plugged in correctly.
* adjust the mic properties.
- go to the control panel (start button -- settings -- control panel)
- click on the multimedia icon
- you should see a tab for audio
- make sure that the recording volume is set high.
* you can test your mic. by doing the following.
- Click the Windows Start button, then go to Programs, then Accessories, then Multimedia, then click on Sound Recorder
- A new window called Sound Recorder will pop up. Click on the record button (a red circle), then say a few words, then click the stop button (black square).
- Click the play button (black triangle).
If you can hear yourself fine, then your microphone is okay. If you can't hear your voice using Sound Recorder, the voice chat should not work either.
Posted on Jan 13, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 06, 2012 | PC Laptops
Jun 14, 2012 | PC Laptops
Mar 08, 2011 | Dell PC Laptops
4) Click Save.
5) Now test your sound.
If this information was helpful, please rate it.
Thank you for using Fixya.
Dec 06, 2010 | Dell Inspiron 6400 Notebook
May 20, 2010 | HP Compaq nc6220 Notebook
Apr 11, 2010 | PC Laptops
Dec 30, 2009 | Sony VAIO VGN-CS320J Notebook
Jun 23, 2008 | Acer Aspire 5610 Notebook
1,900 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: