- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hi you can try going to Creative's web
site and downloading there Creative MP3 Player Recovery Tool
software and what that does is update everything and most of the time
it will fix what the problem . I would try that first.
Try another PC or another USB port
Make sure the hold/lock is not engaged
Check for firmware update on Creative's website
Get Recovery Tool from Creative
Try this: disconnect the player from the computer, turn it off, hold in the volume + button, and reconnect the player to the computer while holding the volume + button in. Keep holding the volume + button for an additional 5-50 seconds. Windows should eventually go into recovery mode and revive the player- it will pop up a window that says Found New Hardware Wizard.
If all else fails, check with this guy:
Creative Zen – Formatting
Step by step instructions for formatting a player
1. Detach the player from the PC if it is connected, and turn off the player.
2. Press and hold the Play button while powering on the player.
3. When the player displays the Creative logo, release the Play button
4. Select Format (All) and select Yes to format the player.
5. After the player has finished formatting, select Reboot.
6. Re-transfer the tracks to the player.
-Tha Mp3 Doctor