Question about KitchenAid KGRT607 Gas Kitchen Range

2 Answers

Kitchen Aid Oven and Carbon Monoxide Leak

About a month ago our CO detector started intermittently going off whenever we used our oven (KitchenAid model KGRT607HWH4).  About 15 minutes after the oven being on, it would go off.  We moved the sensor, still went off.  So, trying to go through home warrenty, we were referred to the gas company who came and tested the oven.  I went over the acceptable level of 200 and was still rising.  Has anyone else had this problem and is there a fix to it.  We are having problems finding a qualified repair person to deal with this.

Posted by on

2 Answers

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

  • Contributor
  • 1 Answer
Re: Kitchen Aid Oven and Carbon Monoxide Leak

Lift up each of the heavy round metal caps over the stovetop burners then reseat them. We had the same problem with the CO2 sensor showing elevated levels.  We had just cleaned the cook top and one of the caps was not flush over its burner.  Another way to check this is to turn on each burner and see if you have a good flame all around the burner. If not, the top cap is probably askew allowing gas to escape without being burned.

Posted on Aug 12, 2008

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Master
  • 447 Answers
Re: Kitchen Aid Oven and Carbon Monoxide Leak

If you have Propane than any range will have to be properly converted to propane they are made for natural gas. Other than that gas ovens do emit quite a large amount of CO and new homes are built very air tight and any good CO detector may sense this. If you have a vent hood or hood/mwave combo and its vent is actually ran to the exterior it should aid in venting that CO. This is why the new dual fuel (gas cooktop, elec oven) are so popular. Hope this helps...

Posted on Jan 12, 2008

Add Your Answer

0 characters

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add


3 Points

Related Questions:

2 Answers

When i use my oven ,my eyes and nose burns . why ?


I'm assuming you have a gas oven.

You may have a sensitivity to combustion by products like CO2 (carbon dioxide) or CO (Carbon Monoxide) that are produced when the oven operates or there could be a malfunction with the oven. You didn't specify a make or model, but it's important to keep the oven clean as well.

In either case, crack a nearby window when using the oven if you have one and see if that helps. Some newer homes are so tight that the oven may not have enough fresh air and the by product gasses are building up.

If the condition persists, you may want to call a repair service to check the appliance. Also, all homes should be equipped with combination smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. The CO detector will alarm if the gas concentration starts to build up, signaling a potentially dangerous situation.

Sep 09, 2015 | Magic Chef Kitchen Ranges

1 Answer

Whirlpool sf362lxt oven sets off carbon monoxide detector randomly yet all flames are blue

This is caused by incomplete combustion of the fuel, DO NOT operate this oven until a qualified repair person look s at this problem. CO gas is a killer and nothing to fool with.

Feb 02, 2012 | Whirlpool SF362LXTB Range

1 Answer

I bought a kitchen aid gas range 4 monthes ago. The model no is kgss907sss. The oven takes more than 1 hour to preheat to 375F. Sometime it even can't reach the temperature forever.


The ignitor is not working right and is going bad....
have the repair man replace the ignitor, or DIY....
Check out this tip about your problem...

Oven not Working or
Oven not Heating

Oven Problems
Replacing the Igniter



Dec 12, 2010 | KitchenAid KGRS807S Gas Kitchen Range

1 Answer

I get headaches, sinus, liver pain etc when I use my new gas oven

Get a Carbon Monoxide detector and place it in the kitchen and see if it registers when the oven id running... make sure to get a digital readout one the registers all the time and not just a high alarm one...


Sep 13, 2010 | Amana AGS1740BDW / AGS1740BDQ / AGS1740BDB...

1 Answer

Kitchen Aid KESC307 Electric Range oven shuts down unexpectedly

We've seen similar problems due to an intermittent failure in the control board. If you can have it removed we can likely repair it for you.

Best Regards,

Oct 12, 2009 | KitchenAid KESC307 Electric Kitchen Range

1 Answer

My oven soots alot:

The adjustment you attempted was to make the regulator track the temperature setting on the knob.
The yellow flame is caused by poor combustion and could be producing carbon monoxide, an odorless, tasteless and very deadly gas.
It sounds like the path for air is blocked and causing the problem. 
For anyone, I recommend a carbon monoxide detector in the home if you have any gas appliances or even unused gas connections. They cost $30-$35 US but flowers for your funeral could run more.   A family near our town lost the father and the wife and 3 kids ended up in the hospital due to this only a few days ago. They had only moved into the house a week ago.

Dec 28, 2008 | GE Spectra JGBP30 Gas Kitchen Range

1 Answer

When i increase the temperature control the oven soots excessive

Check your oven for flame color; what you are describing could be deadly. It is possible that you have an air vent clogged or blocked causing the flame to burn yellow indicating incomplete combustion and possible source of carbon monoxide. This is very dangerous and I would strongly recommend you purchase a carbon monoxide detector. We have one on the main floor and one in our basement. 
A defective gas floor furnace in a home in a neighboring town 2 days ago put three children and two adults to sleep during the day and a 64 year-old man died of the fumes. The others are recovering but are all hospitalized. The family moved to Clay, WV from New Mexico only a week ago.  

Dec 28, 2008 | GE Spectra JGBP30 Gas Kitchen Range

1 Answer

Carbon mono detector alarming, flames high

the oven comes from the factory set to be used on natual gas. its souds like your on LP gas. if so there should be a conversion kit with the range or instruction in the owners manual on what to do to convert it. all ranges ar diverent when it comes to converting. you need to follow the instruction in your manual

Nov 22, 2007 | Frigidaire FGF316 Gas Kitchen Range

1 Answer

Gas oven

The symptoms you describe point to a cracked or blown out burner. If you can see the flame on the burner the flames should be blue and even in size.

Nov 15, 2007 | Robert Yick Co. RanRYC168 Gas Kitchen...

Not finding what you are looking for?
KitchenAid KGRT607 Gas Kitchen Range Logo

1,451 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top KitchenAid Kitchen Ranges Experts


Level 3 Expert

2963 Answers

Cindy Wells

Level 3 Expert

4722 Answers


Level 3 Expert

57192 Answers

Are you a KitchenAid Kitchen Range Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides