I have a slim line PS2 and when i press the power button the light turns green for about 2secs and then it turn back to red. I know the machine is getting power as the indicator light shows up red........but nothing spins up. Any possible fixes would be greatly appreciated. you can reach me at email@example.com
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I had the same issue (since Christmas). Today it was rainy, so I spent some time with kids and here is what worked for me
Here's what I did to fix the same problem on my PS2 (Slim model # SCPH-70012). This should work for all models of PS2's. (Slim or Fat). Sony says all models can read a dual layer disc.
1) Start up the PS2 with no disc in it. 2) Highlight the 'Browser' menu and press the 'green triangle' button. 3) Highlight the 'Console' menu and press the 'green triangle' button. 4) Highlight the 'Diagnostics' menu and press the 'blue X' button and select 'ON'. 5) Press the 'red O' button to back out of this menu. 6) Highlight the 'PlaystationDrive' menu and press the 'green triangle' button. 7) Highlight the 'Disc Speed' menu and press the 'blue X' button and select 'FAST'. 8) Press the 'red O' button to back out of this menu. 9) Turn off your PS2.
10) Insert the disc and turn the PS2 back on. The diagnostics should run and automatically adjust your PS2 to play the game. I was amazed! Mine loaded right up after several previous days of nothing.
11) I checked the settings after the initial load and the Diagnostics and Drive speed reset to normal so it must be a one time run thing. My game has loaded everytime since and I haven't had to re-do the settings at all.