Question about Computers & Internet
Any suggestions for windows xp
How to I install Sound & VGA drivers for my notebook Presario C700TU with XP loaded. I dont want to use Vista and there is no drivers in HP/Compaq website ?
This my laptop sound driver not support modle c733tu pls driver download
Posted on May 01, 2009
This model of Presario has an audio controller that supports the high definition audio. You need to have Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) Bus Driver for High Definition Audio installed on the computer before installing the audio driver.
Here is the link for the Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture Driver that need to be installed before installing the Audio Driver:
After installing the UAA driver I suggest you to restart the Notebook once and the install the Audio Driver from the below link:
nstalling this driver may result in an error. But continue with the following steps to get the audio driver installed correctly.
Please follow the below steps to install the driver correctly:
1. Click on Start and select Run. Now type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
2. Right click on "Audio device on High Definition Audio Bus" and click Update driver.
3. Select "Install from a list or specific location"
4. Click Next. Then select "Don't search, I will choose the driver to install"
5. Click Next and then select "Sound, video and game controller" from the list.
6. Click Next and then click Have Disk.
7. Click Browse C:\swsetup\sp36408 folder and the double click the V32 folder. Select the .inf file, click open and Continue with the onscreen instructions.
Similarly install Modem Drivers:
Conexant HDAUDIO Soft Data Fax Modem with SmartCP Driver:
1.Right click on "Modem device on High Definition Audio Bus" and click Update driver.
2. Select "Install from a list or specific location"
3. Click Next. Then select "Don't search, I will choose the driver to install"
4. Click Next and then select "Modem" from the list.
5. Click Next and then click Have Disk.
6. Click Browse C:\swsetup\sp33890 folder and select the .inf (wis30b2b)
file and click open and Continue with the onscreen instructions.
Lan Drivers: Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC Driver
Intel Pro Wireless Driver:
BroadCom Wireless Driver:
Lemme know if you need anything else.
Posted on Jan 18, 2008
Click Browse C:\swsetup\sp36408 folder and the double click the V32 folder. Select the .inf file, click open and Continue with the onscreen instructions.
could not find the .inf file
there is no .inf file. still did it by clicking v32 thinking as 32 bit xp. and installed it. but no sound.
but i can hear bip sound when there is an error
Posted on Mar 06, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 24, 2008 | Compaq Presario 700 470024-192 Notebook
May 24, 2008 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional With...
May 07, 2008 | Compaq Presario 700 470024-192 Notebook
Jan 21, 2008 | Compaq Presario 700 470024-192 Notebook
Jan 03, 2008 | Compaq Presario 700 470024-192 Notebook
Dec 14, 2007 | Compaq Presario 700 470024-192 Notebook
5,507 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!