- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I'd say the door interlock switch has failed, and supplies a connection when it should not. Microwave ovens can be dangerous to anyone poking around inside, even when unplugged, so get a quote from a service tech. You might find that parts+labour is almost as much as a new one.
Microwave radiation being released through an open door is also a hazard, as it is known to cause eye cataracts, so don't get near if the oven does this.
I can help solve this fiasco , opening the unit while its running to stop it is not good to do because it will wear the door switches due to the load of power the unit uses while running the switches are not made to cycle the unit.
2nd there is radiation in the unit and around the unit while running so you should not reach in inside the unit immediately when stopped , give it a few seconds. Some commercial microwaves have an un-safe level of radiation 20+ feet away from the unit.
Most likely why they always get the order wrong.
Hope this helps.
A simple test is to place a piece of bread in the microwave ( it heats up very fast) and then if your microwave was actually ON and generating RF, the bread would get hot very fast.. If it remains cool then only the fan is on. It appears that you may have a faulty door switch thou because once you open the door, your microwave should be off..
Are you sure the VENT is not on? That blower will operate regardless of the door open or closed so you must switch it OFF.
The top door switch is almost certainly defective or loose. Most likely the latter, and possibly due to a loose or broken mount.
Chances are that only the fan and light are on, but it's not wise to take chances with microwave energy, whuch can cause burns and fire.
One way to possibly test this theory is to pull up gently on the door and see if it stops doing it. But that's not a foolproof test.
A broken or loose mount can be caused by inadequate plastic or improper assembly techniques during manufacturing, by slamming the door, or other physical damage.
Bad door switches are usually caused by opening the door while it's cooking instead of hitting the STOP KEY first.
I have a helpful text file on door switches with safety tips that will help you. You can find it by searching on Yahoo.com (not Google) for
Good luck and be safe!