Question about Maytag MEW5530D Electric Single Oven
Our Maytag oven shuts off after about 10 minutes and the digital display gives us a ''F1'' which disappears after we push cancel, but reappears in about a minute.
Hi. This is a possible touch pad, or EOC(Electronic Oven Control Board) failure code. The test below will help isolate the issue.
This simple test will help determine whether the EOC (Electronic Oven Control or Clock) or the touch pad is defective when F1 error code is present.
Note: Some models incorporate the touch pad in to the EOC as a single assembly, in which case this test is not necessary. Simply replace the EOC (Clock).
Warning: If you feel in any way uncomfortable performing this test or making this repair, please contact a qualified appliance repair technician.
1. Disconnect power to the range (unplug the range power cord or turn the power off to the range at the circuit breaker). It is very important that the power to the range has been disconnected, so please double check before continuing.
2. Gain access inside the control panel.
3. Disconnect the touch pad (also called keypad or membrane switch) ribbon from the ERC.
4. Make sure there are no lose wires, or anything else that may cause a short when power is turned back on. Assemble the control panel back the way it was.
5. Turn the power back on.
6. Wait for at least one hour to see if the F1 code comes back (usually accompanied by a beeping sound).
7. If F1 comes back, replace the ERC. If it does not, replace the touch pad.
Posted on Nov 20, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
"F1" code clearly indicates that main control board has failed. The possible fix for this kind of problem is you have to replace the faulty circuit board. This is the only solution and you cant repair anything else in this unit when F1 flashes.
Thank you !!
Posted on May 30, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 05, 2012 | Ovens
Nov 19, 2011 | Ovens
Oct 08, 2010 | Maytag Ovens
Dec 18, 2009 | Ovens
Aug 14, 2009 | Maytag Ovens
Dec 01, 2009 | Maytag MEW5530D Electric Single Oven
Jul 11, 2017 | Maytag MEW5530D Electric Single Oven
447 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: