FM Presets and locating "in line" setting for recording
I"ve tried all kinds of combinations of button pushing to try to create presets on the FM tuner but haven't done anything even by accident, what's up? And I have scrolled all over the place looking for an "in-line" setting for recording from another source. Could you tell me if there even is one? thankyou, pucul
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
There should be numbered buttons on the receiver.Set the channel to what you want to preset,then press and hold down the numbered button you want.The sound will probably go away for a couple of seconds but when it comes back on the channel is preset.If you press the band button while you're already on FM and it goes to another FM,you can also preset more channels for FM.There should only be one AM band,then it will switch back to FM.
Good luck! Greg
10 AM presets in 2 groups (AM1 & AM2). 20 FM presets in 4 groups (FM1 - FM4).
Each of the individual groups can have a total of 5 presets.
In other words, there are 6 groups of 5 presets (AM1AM2FM1FM2FM3FM4) for a total of 30 presets. Hope that makes sense.
You have preset buttons 1-3 on the top of the unit. Preset button #3 is the MEMORY or "set" button.
Try these steps and you should be up and running.
1. Choose which band you want to use. ie. AM1 AM2 FM1 FM2 FM3 FM4. 2. Tune in a station
3. Click the #1 preset button and watch the screen, let's say that you have tuned into the station FM 100.0, the station frequency is displayed along with the "group" you're in (ie. AM1...FM4) and you will also notice a number in between your "group" id and your station. This is the # you're going to set and the way to change this from 1-5 is simply by pressing the #1 preset button until the # comes up that you want to save it to.
4. Press #3 Preset button (labeled "MEMORY") 5. That's it, now do all the stations you want but be mindful that once you have programmed 5 presets to any given group, you have to move on to the next group until you've maxed out the total # of presets.
I figured it out!! YAY!!!!
so here is how you set the presets:
- click source until you are on the FM radio
- click down or the play/pause button... this shows the presets
- pick which present you want to set your station on by going right or left
- press and hold down or play/pause button until preset number starts flashing
- once flashing, use right and left arrows to select your station (if you wait too long it will stop flashing and you will have to start again)
- once you have gotten to your station, push down or the play/pause button one more time, and it should be set!!
Your Sony is equiped for 5 AM presets and 15 FM presets.
1. Power your unit "ON".
2. Set the desired band - AM or FM.
3. Hold the "Mode" button down no more than one second. The "preset" indication just be gone.
4. Manually tune in the desired station you want to preset.
5. Hold "Enter" until preset indication re-appears. The number of the preset should be blinking.
6. Using the tuning buttons, change the the number to your desired "preset" number.
7. Push the "Enter" button to set the preset.
Remember, you can't have more than 5 AM presets (a mistake I made).
to set the 5 main presets:
with radio on, use the manual tuner to find station you want on a preset. push and release mem/clock adj button (mem will flash on display), push preset number and while holding it in push the mem/clock adj button again (mem on display will go away). station is now preset to that number.
to set the 5 additional presets:
with radio on, use the manual tuner to find station you want on a preset. push and release the +5 button (+5 will flash on display), push and release mem/clock adj button (mem will also flash on display), push preset number and while holding it in push the mem/clock adj button again (mem on display will go away). station is now preset to that +5 number.
to set the digital clock display:
with radio off, push and release the mem/clock adj button (clock display will now flash), use the tun up / hr part of manual tuning button to adjust hour and the tun dn / min part to adjust minutes.
I'm not sure on this particular model, but often if there are seperate buttons for the station presets you just tune to the required station and hold the preset button you want in until you hear a beep - then the station is memorized in that preset.
However in this case the preset up/down and enter/memory buttons are used - the manual is available here: