Question about Brother MFC 8500 All-In-One Laser Printer
Pressed a button the other day and got these menus that said machine has 13% drum life. This explains why the white streak down the middle
when you copy. Also, it has starting to not want to send your fax
without sending several times over and over again. thanks
Try taking out the cartidge and given it a light shake. If the white streak moves or changes then you are out of toner.
As for sending faxes, do you get an error message an any kind? Does it try to dial?
Posted on Jan 11, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 29, 2011 | Canon PC-921 Black and White Copier
Apr 04, 2011 | Canon ImageRunner 3245 Black and White...
Jan 31, 2011 | Brother IntelliFax-2920 Plain Paper Fax,...
The instructions as copied from the Pixma 480 "onscreen manual." (Only the text -- not the images -- could be pasted into the solution. Hope you can follow the text.) Steve G.
Prepare 2 sheets of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper
1. Make sure that the power is turned on, and load 2 sheets of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper in the Rear Tray.
2. Open the Paper Output Tray gently, and open the Output Tray Extension.
3. Print the print head alignment pattern.
- Press the Menu button.
- Select Maintenance, and press the OK button.
- Select Print head alignment, and press the OK button.
Note: To print the current head position adjustment values, select Head alignment print in the Maintenance menu and press the OK button. See Selecting Menus on the Top Menu Screen.)
- Select Yes, and press the OK button to print alignment sheet.
- Check the pattern is printed correctly, select Yes and press OK button.
- Confirm the displayed message and press the OK button.
The Print head alignment screen appears.
4. Adjust the print head position.
- Check the printed patterns, and use the (Left) or (Right) button to select the number of the pattern that has the least noticeable streaks for column A.
Note: If it is difficult to select the best pattern, select the pattern that has the least noticeable white streaks.
(A) Less noticeable vertical white streaks
(B) Noticeable vertical white streaks
(C) Less noticeable horizontal white streaks
(D) Noticeable horizontal white streaks
- Repeat the same procedure to input the pattern number for each column from B to L, then press the OK button.
- Select Yes to continue printing, and press the OK button.
- The second page of print head alignment sheet will be printed.
- Confirm the message for print head alignment, and press the OK button.
- Check the printed patterns and use the (Left) or (Right) button to input the number of the pattern that has the least noticeable horizontal streaks for column M.
- Repeat the same procedure to input the pattern number for each column from N to R, and press the OK button.
Jan 12, 2011 | Canon Pixma MP480 All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 18, 2010 | Canon imageRUNNER 1023iF Black and White...
Feb 16, 2010 | Ricoh Aficio MP 1600 Black and White...
Jan 27, 2009 | Brother MFC-8440 All-In-One Laser Printer
Nov 25, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MP530 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 13, 2008 | Sharp AL-1000 Laser Printer
232 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: