Question about Maxtor 160GB OneTouch III Mini USB 2.0 External 160 GB Hard Drive
Plugged usb device into computer to have an extra hd to store captured video but drive does not show up anywhere
Cannot see maxtor onetouch III USB on computer
Posted on Apr 13, 2010
If the HD is not showing up in "My Computer" (for XP) or "Computer" (for Vista), you need to try the following:
1. Try connecting the HD into another USB ports.
2. Try another USB cable. The cable could be defective.
3. Try connecting the HD into another computer.
4. Check the Disk Management. To check the Disk Management, please follow the steps below:
- Right click 'My Computer' or 'Computer' icon > Manage
- Select Disk Management and you will see drive letters.
- Write down the drive letters and then connect the Maxtor 160GB HD.
- If there's a new drive letter appear, then the HD is still detected by the computer. And reformatting the HD should resolve the problem.
NOTE: Once you reformat the HD, all files will be erased. Once you hear a clicking sound on the HD while it's ON, I'm sorry to tell you but the HD is already defective. Clicking sound on the HD is also called the 'Click of Death'.
If you could still detect the HD under the Disk Management, only reformatting it could save the HD.
Have a great day!
Posted on Nov 20, 2009
Try to take of the flash then put it in again or maybe ur pc is not updated with that device
Posted on Nov 20, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 26, 2010 | Maxtor OneTouch III Mini Edition 120GB...
May 15, 2010 | Maxtor OneTouch III TURBO EDITION 1000 GB...
Mar 13, 2009 | Maxtor OneTouch III Mini Edition 120GB...
Feb 16, 2009 | Maxtor OneTouch III Mini Edition 120GB...
May 11, 2008 | Maxtor One-touch III Mini 40 GB USB 2.0...
May 05, 2008 | Maxtor OneTouch 4 Mini 160GB External USB...
Dec 12, 2007 | Maxtor OneTouch III Mini Edition 120GB...
Dec 29, 2010 | Maxtor 160GB OneTouch III Mini USB 2.0...
431 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: