Question about Computers & Internet
To connect to your wireless router, it needs the router’s wireless settings configured and also needs the wireless cards in all the laptops and or computers to be configured with the router’s wireless settings. Then the laptops and desktop computers can communicate with your wireless router.
To set-up and secure the wireless router from unauthorized access, follow these steps: -
1. Connect the wireless router to your computer with a LAN cable.
2. Start your browser and enter the router's configuration URL IP address.
3. Enter the router setup, login and password
4. Change the admin password
5. Go to the wireless settings and change the default SSID and turn off SSID broadcast.
6. Setup encryption key the strongest is WPA2 (if not then WPA).
7. For further security measures - turn on MAC address filtering and enter the MAC address of the wireless cards on the computer/s you want to connect to this wireless router.
8. Record the settings you have made and keep it in a safe place and Save the settings.
9. Configure the wireless cards on the computer/s with the SSID and encryption settings of the router.
10. Remove the LAN cable between the router and the computer then the computers should be able to connect to the router wirelessly.
Posted on Nov 19, 2009
Are you trying to set up the router ?
First make sure that your computer will be able to go online through the modem.
Fi that is working then you will need to connect the modem to the router and the computer to the router.
open the set up page of the router and change the settings on the router.
Click Here to know how to set up router
Posted on Nov 22, 2009
Access the manufacturer's web-site:
Under the "Knowledge Base" heading on the left edge, enter 'DIR-615'.
Click the '+' to the left of 'Connect to the Internet'.
Pick "cable" or "DSL" or "satellite".
Follow the instructions.
Posted on Nov 19, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 08, 2014 | D-Link DIR-615 Wireless Router
Sep 03, 2012 | D-Link DIR-615 Wireless Router
Nov 04, 2011 | D-Link DIR-615 Wireless Router
Sep 23, 2011 | D-Link DIR-615 Wireless Router
Feb 02, 2011 | D-Link DIR-615 Wireless Router
May 16, 2010 | D-Link DIR-615 Wireless Router
Mar 19, 2010 | D-Link DIR-615 Wireless Router
Jan 19, 2010 | D-Link DIR-615 Wireless Router
Nov 02, 2009 | D-Link DIR-615 Wireless Router
318 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!