Question about Gateway MT6728 Notebook
To connect to your wireless router, it needs the router’s wireless settings configured and also needs the wireless cards in all the laptops and or computers to be configured with the router’s wireless settings. Then the laptops and desktop computers can communicate with your wireless router.
To set-up and secure the wireless router from unauthorized access, follow these steps: -
1. Connect the wireless router to your computer with a LAN cable.
2. Start your browser and enter the router's configuration URL IP address.
3. Enter the router setup, login and password
4. Change the admin password
5. Go to the wireless settings and change the default SSID and turn off SSID broadcast.
6. Setup encryption key the strongest is WPA2 (if not then WPA).
7. For further security measures - turn on MAC address filtering and enter the MAC address of the wireless cards on the computer/s you want to connect to this wireless router.
8. Record the settings you have made and keep it in a safe place and Save the settings.
9. Configure the wireless cards on the computer/s with the SSID and encryption settings of the router.
10. Remove the LAN cable between the router and the computer then the computers should be able to connect to the router wirelessly.
Posted on Nov 19, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
on Mar 28, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jun 08, 2012 | NetGear N300 Wireless Router
May 08, 2012 | Computers & Internet
Nov 03, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
May 13, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Jan 05, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Aug 08, 2009 | Actiontec GT704WG Wireless Router...
Aug 04, 2009 | Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
Jan 26, 2009 | Belkin 802.11g Wireless Desktop Network...
Jul 24, 2017 | Gateway MT6728 Notebook
Jun 21, 2010 | Gateway MT6728 Notebook
143 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: