Question about Logitech Harmony 880 LCD Remote Control
There is a trick with these remotes. Take a tiny piece of paper and
wedge it in between the battery and the side of the battery compartment
opposite the battery contacts when you insert battery.
This will apply more pressure between battery contacts and remote.
Now your harmony should properly charge up overnight.
Had the same problem with mine and the paper trick fixed it.
Was even able to use the old battery again.
Has something to do with the three contacts on the battery.
All 3 need to make good contact.
Posted on Nov 19, 2009
Testimonial: "didn't work with new replacement bat all that happened was the test process and press -> symbol and then I get a red circled ? in the top right"
Check this solution out: http://dan.langille.org/2005/11/27/harmony-880-remote-battery-problems/ - I thought it was the metal contact points, but that was entirely wrong - it was the battery compartment. the remote will WORK, BUT NOT CHARGE if the battery isn't pushed into the interior contacts.
Posted on Dec 27, 2009
I wouldnt recommend putting pressure on the remote to charge. If the battery contacts are not touching with no pressure this is a hardware issue and you do need the remote replaced. Also, they dont recommend using paper to wedge between the batteries in the remote. All of the things that have been recommended are used for toubleshooting, not fixing the issue. Anything like this can void your Warranty. If your not under warranty, e-mail in, they will have a solution for this. Please try the following:
1) Ensure the cradle is plugged into an active AC outlet and the LED light on the cradle is on. There is a switch on the bottom of the cradle to control the brightness of the LED, set it to the highest. Try different outlets if needed. Does the LED light turn on and stay on (does not blink)?
2) Remove the battery. Place the remote on the cradle and check the LCD screen. The LCD screen should display a 'White' screen with possible colors before going off. Try this a few times to confirm behavior. Did the LCD turn on briefly?
3) Reinsert the Battery. Have you charged the battery for at least 3 hours? If no, please recharge the batteries for at least 3 hours.
4) Did the battery ever boot the remote? If yes, please continue troubleshooting.
5) Remove the battery. Check the 3 gold contacts on the battery to see if there are markings on all the contacts signifying it was connected correctly to the remote. Did the battery have markings on all 3 contacts?
Posted on Jan 25, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 30, 2010 | 2006 BMW 3 Series
Apr 08, 2010 | Logitech Harmony 880 LCD Remote Control
Apr 01, 2010 | Logitech Harmony 880 LCD Remote Control
Jul 24, 2009 | Garmin nuvi 205 GPS Receiver
Jan 08, 2009 | Universal Remote Control Harmony 880...
Dec 23, 2008 | Logitech Harmony 880 LCD Remote Control
Jan 04, 2008 | Logitech Harmony 880 LCD Remote Control
Nov 15, 2007 | Logitech Harmony 880 LCD Remote Control
Dec 12, 2013 | Logitech Harmony 880 LCD Remote Control
Apr 08, 2017 | Logitech Harmony 880 LCD Remote Control
469 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: