Question about HP Photosmart C7180 All-In-One InkJet Printer
A. - Press and hold the “*” key.
B. - Press the “#” key and release both keys.
Display should say “Enter Special Key Combo”
C. - Press and release in sequence the “1”, “2” and “3” buttons.
1. Press and release the right arrow button until the display says “System Configuration Menu”. (on C8100 use Touch Screen)
2. Press and release the “OK” button.
3. Display should say “Hardware failure status”. If not there already, Arrow Key over to “Hardware failure status”,
4. Press and release the “OK” button.
5. Display should say “Hardware failure status: Clear. Press OK to clear”.
6. Press and release the “OK” Button. Message changes to “Hardware failure status Cleared. Press Cancel to continue”.
7. Press and release the “CANCEL” button as many times as necessary, so that, either the “Welcome to Photosmart Express” screen appears, or, the “Ink System Failure” screen appears. PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO PRINT AT THIS STAGE.
8. Using the Power Button, turn the unit OFF and unplug the power cable from back of the printer and wall outlet.
9. Wait 30 seconds for the power to get discharged and then plug the power cable into the wall outlet first and then into the back of the printer
10. Turn the unit on. The printer may display message “USE POWER BUTTON TO SHUTDOWN THE PRINTER” followed by “PRESS OK TO CONTINUE”. Press OK.
11. If the printer has already initialized, then go to the next step. If not, the printer will start the “ONE TIME INK INITIALIZATION PROCESS”. Allow this process to complete and do not interrupt. Once the initialization process is complete, the printer will print out a Diagnostic Page.
12. To verify printer functionality print a SELF TEST PAGE. If SELF TEST prints, then printer is ready for use or Software Installation.
13. If the error is still there, or reoccurs replace the unit.
Posted on Dec 20, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 20, 2016 | HP PhotoSmart Office Equipment & Supplies
Oct 17, 2014 | HP Photosmart D7360 Printer
Aug 07, 2014 | HP Photosmart C7280 All-in-One Printer
Feb 13, 2013 | HP Photosmart C7280 Printer
Hello and Welcome!
The error Oxc18a0206 is mostly occurred in HP printers
To solve the error code Oxc18a0206,Follow the given steps
Dec 14, 2011 | HP Photosmart C7250 All-In-One Thermal...
Mar 03, 2011 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Mar 01, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 02, 2010 | HP Photosmart C7280 Printer
May 13, 2009 | HP Photosmart C7280 Printer
601 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: