Question about Acer Aspire 3690-2196 Notebook
Thank you for using FixYa for your problem
If you receive the “unmountable boot volume” error and have an installation disk, you still have a chance to save your system.
1. Insert your XP installation disk into an optical drive and boot up your computer.
2. When you see a welcome screen, hit the R key on your keyboard. This will enter you into recovery mode with a DOS prompt.
3. Now type chkdsk /p and hit Enter. This will launch a utility which will check for errors on your hard drive.
4. After the process is done, type fixboot and hit Enter to repair any damaged boot files which may have become corrupted. When asked to say yes or no, type the Y key on your keyboard.
5. Type exit and press the Enter key to reboot your computer.
If all went well, you should now be able to boot back into Windows without a problem!
Please rate our solutions and if you still have problems please call back for more ideas to help you
Posted on Nov 19, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 04, 2012 | Acer Aspire 3690-2196 Notebook
Mar 22, 2011 | Acer Aspire One Netbook 8.9" Notebook
Mar 22, 2011 | Acer Aspire 3690-2196 Notebook
Sep 29, 2009 | Acer Aspire One Netbook 8.9" Notebook
Aug 12, 2009 | Acer Aspire One PC Notebook
Jul 07, 2009 | Acer Aspire 3690-2196 Notebook
May 13, 2009 | Acer Aspire 3690-2196 Notebook
Jan 24, 2009 | Acer Aspire 3690-2196 Notebook
Jan 14, 2009 | Acer Aspire 3690-2900 Notebook
369 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: