Question about HP DeskJet 970cse InkJet Printer
Hello - I have a 970 Cse which was working great. Then all of a sudden it stopped working. When I open the top to look at the cartridges, I see that they are all the way over to the left. I can push them manually to any position, but when i fire up the printer, the cartridges bang over to the left and nothing happens. I have new cartridges in both the color and black and white. Any suggestions? Thanks Scott Burry Scott@ScottBurryRealEstate.Com
I had the same problem with my HP Deskjet 970Cse which was quickly resolved by going to the below HP site and looking under the Issue: The carriage is stuck or makes a grinding noise. Note that the blinking lights displayed as: Resume Light Blinking Simultaneously AND Power Light Blinking Simultaneously.
1. Lift the top cover to the printer.
2. Turn the printer off and then on again.
3. Unplug the power cable from the back of the printer when the grinding noise starts.
4. Move the carriage towards the middle of the printer.
5. Take out the cartridges and close the top cover.
6. Plug the power cord to the back of the printer. Turn the printer on.
7. Open the top cover, reinstall the cartridges, and then close the top cover.
Hope this helps as it worked for me.
Posted on Jun 30, 2008
It sounds like they are off track. This may have been caused by moving them by hand. The best solution is to have the printer repaired by a service center, such as Best Buy or an authorized HP center
Posted on Jan 11, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 24, 2011 | Lexmark X4650 InkJet Printer
Jul 27, 2010 | HP DeskJet 895cse InkJet Printer
Nov 15, 2009 | HP DeskJet 970cxi InkJet Printer
Jun 15, 2009 | HP DeskJet 882c InkJet Printer
Apr 21, 2009 | HP Deskjet 2360 InkJet Printer
Jan 21, 2009 | HP Deskjet 870cse Printer
Mar 23, 2008 | HP Photosmart C4150 All-In-One InkJet...
276 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!