Question about Belkin (F5D7230-4) Router (587009)
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman";
You want to secure the wireless network.
Is there any computer connected to the router with the Ethernet cable?
If not then you will need to connect the computer to the router with the cable.
Check the IP address on the computer. Open the router set up page.
Once you open the set up page, you will find the option to make it secured
Click Here for step by step instructions
Posted on Nov 30, 2009
To connect to your wireless router, it needs the router’s wireless settings configured and also needs the wireless cards in all the laptops and or computers to be configured with the router’s wireless settings. Then the laptops and desktop computers can communicate with your wireless router.
To set-up and secure the wireless router from unauthorized access, follow these steps: -
1. Connect the wireless router to your computer with a LAN cable.
2. Start your browser and enter the router's configuration URL IP address.
3. Enter the router setup, login and password
4. Change the admin password
5. Go to the wireless settings and change the default SSID and turn off SSID broadcast.
6. Setup encryption key the strongest is WPA2 (if not then WPA).
7. For further security measures - turn on MAC address filtering and enter the MAC address of the wireless cards on the computer/s you want to connect to this wireless router.
8. Record the settings you have made and keep it in a safe place and Save the settings.
9. Configure the wireless cards on the computer/s with the SSID and encryption settings of the router.
10. Remove the LAN cable between the router and the computer then the computers should be able to connect to the router wirelessly.
Posted on Nov 19, 2009
Access your router with it's ip.
type user as "admin" and password as "admin" or blank or "password"
then click on wi fi or wireless then enable WEP security *** WEP code it is your password to connect your wi fi network .Then anybody need that password to connect your wi fi network.
Let me know if you need further assistance.
Posted on Nov 19, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 08, 2014 | D-Link D Link Dir 615 Wireless Router...
on Dec 07, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Mar 10, 2014 | Tablets & eReaders
Sep 23, 2011 | Android Apps
Feb 05, 2011 | Belkin (F5D7230-4) Router (587009)
Jun 01, 2010 | Belkin F5D8631-4 Router (F5D8631au4A)
May 31, 2010 | Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO (F5D9230-4)...
Mar 22, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Feb 01, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Jan 31, 2010 | Belkin (F6D3230-4) Router (F6D32304)
Dec 16, 2013 | Belkin (F5D7230-4) Router (587009)
285 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: