Question about Dell Inspiron 6000 Notebook
I have a DST failure when I had a diagnostic test and I was wondering if it was a problem with the motherboard or the Hard drive? How can you tell and test for it?
Testing mother board:
1. remove memory:
if the mainboard produce long beep means good.
if not that is bad.
2. if produce long beeps then insert the memory.
3. if same happen.hear long beep. then clean or replace memory.
If your are sure evething is ok in the mboard; then you can test your drive:
Hard drive test:
1. first fixed well all the connection bet the HDD.
2. if work then ok, if not then,
3. replace other IDE cable/ sata cable and fixed well again.
4.if still thesame; then
5. examine your HDD , the circuit maybe shorted.
Posted on Jan 11, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 04, 2012 | Dell Latitude D810 PC Notebook
Sep 05, 2011 | PC Laptops
Aug 02, 2011 | Dell Latitude D600 Notebook
Nov 03, 2010 | PC Laptops
Nov 01, 2010 | Dell Inspiron 1525 Notebook
Jan 27, 2010 | Dell Inspiron 6000 Notebook
Jan 14, 2010 | Dell Inspiron 1525 Notebook
Dec 22, 2009 | Dell Latitude D600 Notebook
Jan 11, 2008 | Dell Inspiron 6000 Notebook
84 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!