Question about D-Link DI 514 Wireless Router (DI-514)
WE HAVE A DLINK WIFI ROUTER AND WE CANNOT ACCESS THE DLINK BECAUSE WE FORGOT THE PASSWORD? HOW CAN WE ACCESS IT?
You reset the D-Link back to the factory default by - Press the RESET button at the back of the wireless router when it is powered up. Holt the RESET button foe at least 5 secs until the LEDs flash and then release the RESET button.
You can then configure the D-Link as follows ;-
To set-up and secure the wireless router from unauthorized access, follow these steps: -
1. Connect the wireless router to your computer with a LAN cable.
2. Start your browser and enter the router's configuration URL IP address.
3. Enter the router setup, login and password
4. Change the admin password
5. Go to the wireless settings and change the default SSID and turn off SSID broadcast.
6. Setup encryption key the strongest is WPA2 (if not then WPA).
7. For further security measures - turn on MAC address filtering and enter the MAC address of the wireless cards on the computer/s you want to connect to this wireless router.
8. Record the settings you have made and keep it in a safe place and Save the settings.
9. Configure the wireless cards on the computer/s with the SSID and encryption settings of the router.
10. Remove the LAN cable between the router and the computer then the computers should be able to connect to the router wirelessly.
Posted on Nov 19, 2009
This is a common problems
just follow these step by step to Reset Password In your Dlink router . after Reset will also Help You to setup a New Password On your Dlink Router . for more visit
How To Reset Password In Dlink Router Fixingblog com good luck
Posted on May 31, 2017
We have a Dlink 615 Wifi Router,I couldn't set a username and password to prevent it from illegal usage.We have a cisco 1700 router. Can any one help us in installing a username and pass word for our router.
Posted on Dec 07, 2009
First connect your router to computer with ethernet lan cable.
Then you can access router with following link in internet explorer or any internet browser.
type user as "admin" and password as "admin" or blank or "password"
Then you can see router configuration page.
If you can't able to access it then RESET all settings to defaults.
For that RESET button is in back side of router press it for 10 seconds.Then you can access it with above link.
Let me know if you need further assistance.
Posted on Nov 19, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 05, 2016 | D-Link Computers & Internet
Aug 30, 2014 | Computers & Internet
Jul 03, 2014 | D-Link DIR-600 Router
Mar 13, 2014 | Computers & Internet
Sep 04, 2011 | Linksys Computers & Internet
Sep 02, 2011 | D-Link DIR-600 Router
Apr 15, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Dec 26, 2009 | HP Pavilion dv2000t 14.1" Notebook Laptop...
Nov 20, 2008 | D-Link 802.11g Wireless Router WBR-1310...
1,007 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!