Question about GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
This is commonly caused by a turntable motor that has worn out and needs replaced.
The motor can be replaced by following these steps:
1. Unplug microwave.
2. Open oven door and remove glass tray and carousel ring.
3. Locate and remove the screws holding the bottom panel (under the microwave) in place. With the screws removed, the bottom panel should open.
4. Disconnect the connector plug from the turntable motor.
5. Reach inside the oven and remove the coupler. This is the small plastic piece that the center of the glass tray sits on. You may have to gently pry up with a flat screwdriver to get it to come loose.
6. With the coupler removed, loosen the mounting screw(s) to the motor and it should easily come out from under the oven.
7. Install new motor in the reverse order of the steps I just provided.
This is a very simple repair. If the model number you have this question listed uner is correct, the part number for a replacement motor is WB26X10135. It sells for about $20 at appliancepartspros.com. You can view an exploded view diagram of your microwave by typing in your model number. The motor is listed as item 43 under the Interior Parts (1) diagram.
If you have any questions, or if your moel number is different, please post back with your complete model number so that I may be able to provide you with better assistance. I hope this help you.
Posted on Nov 19, 2009
Remove rear access panel and remove screws to drop the shaft and motor that turn the turntable. You can get parts and manual and more at repairclinic.com or partselect.com
Posted on Nov 19, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 19, 2013 | GE JVM1850 1000 Watts Microwave Oven
Sep 22, 2013 | GE Microwave Ovens
Nov 13, 2011 | GE JVM1850 1000 Watts Microwave Oven
Here is a tip that will help you to figure out what is wrong with your Microwave Oven....
Basic Microwave Oven Troubleshooting Tips
Dec 30, 2010 | Frigidaire FMV156DC Microwave Oven
Dec 28, 2010 | Sharp R-1610 Microwave Oven
Mar 24, 2010 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Dec 18, 2009 | Jenn-Air M439 Microwave Oven
Feb 09, 2009 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Jul 04, 2008 | GE Microwave Ovens
136 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: