Question about Ford Vehicle Parts & Accessories
Follow the following procedures for 2010 Ford vehicles with the door open shut down enabled:
1. Locate the override button and LED. On my escape the override button was at the bottom of the plastic by the driver's knees. The LED is attached to the harness behind this plastic, under the steering column. It is easier to find it once it's on.
2. Open the driver's door, press and hold the brake, turn the vehicle on.
3. While holding the brake, press and hold the override button, after 10-15 seconds the horn will honk 3 times. Let go of the button and the brake.
4. Push the override button until you hear the horn honk 5 times.
5. Push the brake until the horn honks 7 times, this is the "door open shut down" selection. The LED should be on.
6. Push the start button on the Key Fob. Do NOT hold it down, or it will reset everything.
7. The LED should now be off.
8. Shutdown the vehicle, and test it out.
Note: This procedure can be used to change the auto shut-off from 10 to 15 minutes as well. Instead of going to where the horn honks 7 times, go to where it honks 3 times, and turn the LED on.
Posted on Nov 28, 2009
Thanks Roymoney! It worked like a charm! The override button was difficult to find on my 2010 Expedition Limited - it was taped to a wire harness under the dash between the power brake module and the emergency brake mechanism. I could not see an LED, but it doesn't matter. You need to push and release the override button (#4) several times to get the 5 honks - same with the brake - first time, one honk, second time, 2 honks, etc. Thanks again!
Posted on Dec 17, 2009
I can get into the option banks but when I change option bank 2 - menu 7 - my 2010 f150 won't start via rmst. Instead of the engine turning over and starting, it honks 5 times (meaning key in the ignition error). Any suggestions?
Posted on Apr 01, 2010
My 2010 F150 Platinum security light blinks when I try to start the truck. Can this be fixed at home or do I need to take it to service?
Posted on Oct 31, 2012
I need a licence for PC UTILITY
Posted on Jun 09, 2013
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 26, 2016 | 2005 Ford Freestyle
Jan 26, 2016 | Ford Cars & Trucks
Dec 12, 2015 | 2008 Lincoln Navigator
May 26, 2010 | 1994 Ford Explorer Limited
Nov 06, 2009 | 2002 Ford F150 Regular Cab
Oct 24, 2009 | 1994 Ford F250 Supercab
Oct 07, 2009 | 2001 Ford F150 Styleside SuperCrew
Jun 10, 2009 | 1999 Oldsmobile Aurora
Jan 13, 2009 | 2001 Toyota Tacoma
6,474 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: