Question about SanDisk Sansa e260 MP3 Player
I turn it on and 15 sec. into it the screen fades into a white screen and starts all over again. i tried the recovery mode but it says i have to switch it to MSD mode, and i don't know how to do that!
posted on May 11, 2007
Rating: 91%, 79 votes
Add to Buddies mine too i was mad :\ just got it fixed like 2 min. ago im soooooooooooo happy
I have the EXACT same problem and my device is stuck in MSD. Which two files are you talking about? My sandisk support rep did not send me any attachment.
Thank you for contacting SanDisk Technical Support.
We should be able to fix your player. Disconnect the player from the computer if it is connected.
Please copy and paste the following link into your web browser address bar, and then click Go or hit your Enter key. When prompted, choose the option to Save the file to your Desktop.
Once you have downloaded the file, please follow these instructions.
1) Double click on My Computer so that you can see it on your screen.
2) Turn the player off.
3) On the top of the player is a Hold switch, move it to the right (toward the headphone jack) so you see Orange.
4) On the left hand side of the player is a Record button, press and hold it while connecting the player to the computer. Continue holding the Record button until you see a new icon under My Computer called 16MB FORMAT. Once you see that icon you may release the Record button.
5) Double click the file you downloaded earlier and run it. Follow all of the on-screen instructions, and when you get to the prompt where it asks you whether you would like to Format it, choose Yes. Once it is done, click Finish.
6) Disconnect the player and look at the screen. Several things will be displayed, and when you see Key Lock, System Shutdown, move the Hold switch on the top back to the left.
7) Turn the player on and watch the screen. If you see a Refresh Database Fail error, you will need to follow steps 1-7 again until you do not get the error. If it does not work the first time, it could take up to 3 times for it to work.
Was this solution helpful? Show your Appreciation by rating it:
Posted on Feb 12, 2008
U go to settings
go to usb mode
and choose msd
Posted on Jan 11, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 13, 2008 | SanDisk Sansa e250 MP3 Player
Apr 28, 2008 | SanDisk Sansa e260 MP3 Player
Nov 17, 2007 | SanDisk Sansa e250 MP3 Player
58 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: