Question about SanDisk 2GB Cruzer Micro SDCZ62048A10 Hard Drive
One or more of the hints below will probably sort out most USB problems with most USB portable / external hard drives and OTHER devices (though not always)
A few things to check but assumes USB and Windows for other interfaces / operating systems (mac/ Linux) similar steps may be adapted to suit.
1. Ensure it is connected directly to the computer to a USB 2.0 port not a USB 1.0 port as this can have effects on performance and reliability
2. Use only the cables that came with it NOT one that fits that may have been lying around or is longer. Not all USB cables are equal even though they should be)
3. Do not connect through an external USB HUB unless that hub is USB 2.0 AND has its own power supply.
4. Use ONLY the power supply that came with it if it has an external power supply Don’t use any other unless you know it has both the same voltage and current rating e.g. 12V 500mA anything rated below that would not work properly.
5. Always use the same port for connecting your devices. Some devices do not like being switched about. If switched they may want to install software / drivers again. This can be especially true if you move a HUB to another port
6. For FLASH DRIVES you should ensure that the device is set for "quick removal" using the drive control panel properties or use the USB "Safely Remove Hardware" option. If you dont do this there is a very strong chance that any files you transfer may not be there when you plug into another computer.
7. It is possible to remove drives from the enclosures in most cases and connect directly inside a PC to fully check it.
You should also do this to cheack the drives connections are not bad inside the enclosure.
8. If none of the above steps help look at updating the drivers from the manufacturers web site in the support section.
9. If you checked and fixed anything there and still have issues then check your hardware from CONTROL PANEL / SYSTEM / HARDWARE.
Any exclamation marks by hardware need fixing before you investigate any further
10. ensure that you have set removable drives for "quick removal" or that you use the "Safly Remove Hardware" option often shown on the lower toolbar.It is possible that files my not be fully written to external devices before they are removed. This corrupts the file itself and even on occasion the drive
Posted on Nov 22, 2009
As far as I am aware, there are no drivers available for this drive when using VISTA.. although this may have now changed, this may also be the issue you are experiencing..
Posted on Nov 21, 2009
Can you format the drive?Try formating it with the present os.
Posted on Nov 19, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 28, 2010 | HP Photosmart 8450 InkJet Printer
Oct 28, 2010 | HP LaserJet 5200 Printer
Oct 27, 2010 | HP LaserJet IIIp Printer
Oct 27, 2010 | HP LaserJet 3050 Printer
Oct 27, 2010 | HP DeskJet F380 All-In-One Printer
Oct 27, 2010 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Oct 27, 2010 | HP Officejet Pro L7580 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 27, 2010 | HP Photosmart D7160 InkJet Printer
Oct 27, 2010 | HP Laserjet M2727nf Multifunction Printer
Oct 27, 2010 | HP LaserJet P2015dn Printer
244 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: