Question about Insignia 42" LCD Flat-Panel HDTV

1 Answer

I had a power surge to the speakers and now there is no audio through the speakers at all. I brought it to Best Buy and we hooked up the RCA cables to the back and switched the settings and still no sound. The guy said there is no audio being transefered at all... please help :(

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert that hasĀ over 10 points.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 2 times.

    Problem Solver:

    An expert who has answered 5 questions.

  • Contributor
  • 17 Answers

You can get adigital cable box and ahome theater and plug rca jacks to the cable box and sound system you sdhould definatly get sound red and white jacks are audio.

Posted on Nov 19, 2009


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Where can I buy a RCA Cable and/or adapter for my Dual XD6210 so that I may have it installed in a 2001 Hyundai Elantra?

RCA cables like these can be brought from any electronic shop, no special rca cables are required ..

you do mean RCA right ?? this is what is looks like (below),, and can be brought from any electronic shop.its the same kind used to connect your dvd player to your tv. BTW these cables are only necessary when connection to an amplifier. other than that,, you have all ther wires you need on the unit, 2 power and 8 speaker wires. yellow is connected to the battery, red to the battery or ignition, black is the ground, and the pair colored wires are connected to the speakers. The unit ships with these wires so there is no need to buy them seperately. If you seek an adapter to convert the units electrical to your vehicles electrical you will not find it, It has to be connected via the wires. Simply clip the wires out of the old units adapter.

Mar 21, 2011 | Dual XD6210 CD Player

1 Answer

I purchase a denon AVR-591 & now i am using speakers from a kenwood home theater system but know all of the speakers work except the subwoofer does not, know the swbwoofer input has a wire Plus Minus...

Take a clue from the bare wire speaker connections on a speaker not matching RCA connectors. RCA is not for feeding +/- speaker terminals on REAL audio equipment.

The Denon requires an active (self-amplified) subwoofer which it feeds a specialized Low Frequency Line Level Pre Out signal.

Register and download the manual for free

Disassembling the parts of HTS and reassigning them to other makes and models is unwise and unpredictable electrically and sound-wise.

Feb 26, 2011 | Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

It says, that the ViewSonic PJD5122 SVGA DLP Projector has a built in 5 watt speaker. Does it? Because when i try to hook my xBox into it, there is no sound when the voume is all the way up. Also, when I...

You have a 3.5mm Audio Input jack for external audio in. ( Not Speakers) The Audio Output jack is for connecting that to a stereo system which is the best way to go. So, what you want to do is connect your xbox audio out which is probably a rca jack to the projector. I believe you will have to buy a y-adapter ( 3.5mm male > double rca fe-male) then use the standard rca audio cables. You don't plug speakers into that unit, I hope you haven't damaged the audio circuit. You might have a external audio switch within the menu of the projector to switch from internal to external audio source,,, look for that.

Dec 03, 2010 | ViewSonic Televison & Video

1 Answer

I have to connect the RCA PLUG on a Center Speaker by Audio Research to the Center Speaker connections on my Sony Receiver, which requires two wires. What do I use... a RCA plug with ...? Thanks ...

A possible solution (but not the best) is to use a single RCA to RCA cable, however you should cut one end of the cable before the remaining RCA plug. Then you separe the wires, twist each of them and hook on your Sony receiver. A RCA cable is made of two wires or poles. I believe this will work. Good Luck.

Jun 08, 2010 | Sony STR-DE898 Receiver

3 Answers

The saftey red light keeps coming on

It means that the subwoofer is blown. The red light is called the Protect light. Disconnect the speaker wire from the amp and then turn the amp on and see if the red light goes away. But if as soon as you hook the speaker wires back to the amp and the red light turns on that DEFINATELY means the sub is blown.

Apr 04, 2010 | Cadence TXA 1000D High Power Mono...

2 Answers

Wireless speakers to audio devices having no audio output

you can find all kinds of adapters for RCA or phone jack to anytype of connectors at best buy or circuit city, if not Radioshak probably have them. just ask for a cable adapter to the type of connector transformation you need for the speakers.

Dec 30, 2008 | Computers & Internet

2 Answers


RCA cables are the best way to get the audio from your head unit to the amp. If your head unit doesn't have RCA outputs, you might be able to use the speaker outputs of the head unit to connect to the "high power" or "high level" inputs of the amp, if the amp has such inputs (check your manual).

Mar 23, 2008 | Lightning Audio LA1.300.2 Car Audio...

1 Answer

OEM gm stereo

If your amplifier has what they call High level inputs (basically inputs on the amp that you run the speaker wires from your radio into), you can splice wires from where the connectors are on your rear speaker(s), still leaving the speaker hooked up, and use those as an input into the amp. If your amplifier does not have high level inputs, a convertor is available to turn an audio signal from your radio output speaker wires ( spliced in just as above, leaving the speaker hooked up), into an rca output jack. Or the best thing to do would be to buy another say 2-4 channel amp w/high level inputs and rca inputs and outputs, and run your rear speaker wires into the amp. Then you'll be able to run the rca cables out of that amp and into the sub amp, and you'll have the new amp to power your rear speakers or rears and fronts. That would be ideal. But, A convertor is your best bet. Got em at best buy, circuit city, etc. Hope this was helpful.

Nov 25, 2007 | Car Audio & Video

3 Answers

Cerwin vega ht-10d subwoofer won't work in yamaha reciever

Well, as I know, your Cerwin Vega subwoofer is designed for use with stereo systems. Therefore, it has only 2 channels for input, and 2 channels for output as well. However, you can try this out; the first thing I suggest is that you hook up your main front channels through the subwoofer. All you have to do is to connect the subwoofer input to the front channel output on the amp, then hook up your front speakers to the satellite output on the subwoofer. As long as you make sure that system is working on 8 ohms, I believe this can activate the subwoofer.

Sep 15, 2007 | Athena AS-F1 Main / Stereo Speaker

Not finding what you are looking for?
Insignia 42" LCD Flat-Panel HDTV Logo

Related Topics:

56 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Insignia Televison & Video Experts

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

74377 Answers

Jaime Hernandez

Level 3 Expert

2318 Answers

Cindy Wells

Level 3 Expert

5159 Answers

Are you an Insignia Televison and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides