Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
The waste ink absorber is actually a pad/sponge that absorbs left over
ink spray. There's really no precise way to measure the amount of ink
these pads hold so when the message first appears, "waste ink absorber
is almost full" it's just an estimate.
The workaround for the message is as follows:
Reset ip2000 / 3000
1. Turn off printer
2. Hold down Resume button and press Power button.
3. Keep holding down Power button and let Resume button go.
4. Press Resume button 2 times then let BOTH buttons go.
5. Green lights will flash and then stop blinking.
6. When green lights are solid, press the Resume button 4 times.
7. Press the Power button and the printer should turn off, if not,
press the Power button once more.
8. Your printer should respond as normal.
Using the above procedure should clear the message and your printer should function normally afterward. Best of luck and thanks for using Fixya!
Posted on Nov 19, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 13, 2017 | Canon iR 2016i Black and White Copier
Jun 13, 2014 | Canon (6981A002AA) for imagerunner 2200,...
Mar 10, 2011 | Canon iR 2016i Black and White Copier
Oct 05, 2009 | Canon iR 2022 Printer
May 28, 2009 | Canon imageRUNNER 2000 Copier
Feb 14, 2008 | Canon imageRUNNER 3300 All-In-One Laser...
983 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!