Question about Amana 22.6 cu. ft. Side-By-Side Refrigerator with FrontFill Ice and Water
1. Circulation fan motor behind the rear panel of the freezer compartment not running.
2. Auto defrost system has failed.
If you see a frost buildup on the rear panel in the freezer, remove the rear panel and check the coils for excessive frost buildup.
The defrost system is made up of three parts.
1. The main heater, which is mounted on the evaporator, and looks like the bake element in an electric range.
2. The defrost thermostat ( a small round disk mounted on the top of the evaporator).
3. The defrost timer (either a mechanical or electronic model) located in the fresh food section.
To test the continuity of the main heater you would need a ohm meter and have a working knowledge of electrical. Applies to defrost thermostat as well, but it can be tested only when it is cold.
Locate the complete model number and go here to see the layout.
Posted on Nov 18, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 02, 2014 | GE GSL25JFXLB (250 cu ft) Side by Side...
Nov 01, 2012 | GE CustomStyle PSC23NSTSS Stainless Steel...
Nov 27, 2010 | Amana ARSE66MB Side by Side Refrigerator
Jul 30, 2009 | Refrigerators
Jun 23, 2009 | Maytag MZD2752G Side by Side Refrigerator
May 18, 2009 | Refrigerators
Nov 29, 2008 | Kenmore 53642 / 53644 Side by Side...
Oct 22, 2006 | Maytag 60ADiW Side by Side Refrigerator
Feb 13, 2015 | Amana 22.6 cu. ft. Side-By-Side...
Jul 01, 2014 | Amana 22.6 cu. ft. Side-By-Side...
138 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!