Question about Televison & Video
Thanks for using FixYa. First of all you’ll need to reset the Projection TV and to reset it follow these steps—
1. Turn off the television and wait for 5 minutes.
2. After 5 minutes unplug the television power cord from the electrical outlet.
3. Let the television remain without power for more then 1 minute.
4. Plug the power cord back into the electrical outlet. If the television is plugged into a power surge protector, remove it from there and plug it directly into the wall outlet. Turn on the television. If the issue is resolved, then the problem is with the power surge protector and not the television.
However, as the TV is shutting itself off then the fault protection circuit has detected a fault and has turned down the TV. You'll need to check various things to be sure which part is bad. Please check these---
1. Check for signal cables at the back and also try unplugging the TV for 8-10 hours to reset it.
2. Swollen /bulged capacitors on the power supply board-- This happens due to overheating of capacitors.
3. If the capacitors are fine then you'll need to check for connectors on all the boards and also the fans if they are working fine.
4. Make sure the lamp connections are fine and ballast is not burnt.
If still the issue persists, then it is a case of convergence failing and convergence board is required to be repaired at the component level by repairing the circuits or replaced it as a whole.
Note-- Please make sure to turn off and unplug the TV for at least 1 hour (this will drain off current from all components especially capacitors) before you perform any repairs. Also note that the TV consists of very high voltages even when it is in OFF condition.
Please do accept the solution if the issue is resolved or else revert for further assistance.
Posted on Nov 20, 2009
Hello: Maybe i can help you resolve this problem. There might be a problem with the ballast on this model. The lamp will not get the signal from the ballast to light the lamp until the color wheel has reached its maxium RPM around 9,000rmp. If you have replaced your color wheel recently and the lamp, then you might consider the ballast which is called the (lamp driver) maybe at falult. But lets not be hasty, A common known problem that can also cause this is the DMD Board which controls the color wheel and signal processes to the Ballast. One more note. On the back of this set is a lamp door safety switch which is known to fail also. It is blue in color and sometime the contacts inside these switches go bad or debounce as we call it.
Posted on Nov 18, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 14, 2016 | Televison & Video
Apr 10, 2012 | Samsung HLR5667W 56" Rear Projection HDTV
Feb 10, 2011 | NEC VT465 Multimedia Projector
Mar 18, 2010 | Samsung HLR5087W 50" Rear Projection HDTV
Jun 02, 2008 | NEC VT470 Multimedia Projector
Dec 03, 2007 | Samsung HLN5065W 50" Rear Projection...
Oct 23, 2007 | NEC VT47 Multimedia Projector
Oct 13, 2007 | Toshiba TLP S30 Multimedia Projector
42 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!