Question about HP DeskJet 940c InkJet Printer
I had been printing and all of a sudden it just quit. It prints about 1/2 inch on the top and then shoots out. I have tried different things like put in new cartridges, sure the back door is securely shut and I don't know what else to do. It has never done this to me before. I am thinking it is worn out just like me. I have had it for several years and no problems.
Thanks in advance for any help you can give me
Will it print it's own status page? or a page of just basic text? Are you printing a picture? You may need more than 30+ Megabytes of free disk space for the print job to spool.
0) Verify your Hard Disk has enough free space.
1) turn printer off for 1-2 min. Turn back on and try again.
2) Reboot the computer and try again.
3) Shutdown all other programs and try printing again.
4) Try printing from another program. (ie. while reading this, click print ;-) )
5) unplug printer from wall and computer; remove driver; reinstall from original disk.
6) Try printer on a different computer
If this does not help; take two aspirin and call back !
Posted on Jan 11, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 21, 2011 | Epson Stylus Multifunction Inkjet Printer/...
Apr 29, 2010 | Kodak EasyShare Printer Dock Series 3
Apr 07, 2009 | HP LaserJet 1020 Printer
Nov 18, 2008 | HP OfficeJet 7410 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 16, 2008 | Epson Stylus CX9400 Photo Printer
Oct 22, 2008 | HP LaserJet 4600dn Color Printer
May 23, 2008 | Lexmark X4270 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Dec 08, 2007 | Canon MultiPASS F80 All-In-One InkJet...
99 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!