Question about Kitchen Ranges
There can be two reasons why your electric oven's bake or broil element is not working properly:
1. It is not receiving electric power; or
2. There is some problem with the element or oven control and it may need to be replaced. In most cases, the wiring to the elements gets burnt or broken.
Here is how to check if the element is burnt or broken:-
- Make sure the stove is plugged in. If it is plugged in, check the circuit breaker or fuse.
- Make sure the controls are set on the proper setting.
If everything is ok, most probably the element is burnt or broken.
Here is how you can replace the element:-
- Unplug the oven and let all the parts cool.
- Unscrew the mounting screws that secure the element bracket to the oven, and carefully pull out the element.
- Take the element to a parts dealer, along with your oven's model and serial number, and buy a replacement. Try to get the replacement parts as suggested by the manufacturer.
- Reverse the process to install the new part.
If you are not sure how to replace the faulty element, call an appliance repairperson.
Thanks for contacting fixya.com
Posted on Nov 18, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 17, 2016 | Kitchen Ranges
Jan 28, 2016 | Frigidaire Ovens
Nov 12, 2013 | Whirlpool 30" Self-Cleaning Freestanding...
Jun 25, 2013 | Frigidaire 30" Self-Cleaning Freestanding...
Jun 23, 2010 | Frigidaire 30" Self-Cleaning Freestanding...
May 07, 2010 | Frigidaire FEF355 Electric Kitchen Range
Sep 25, 2009 | Frigidaire Kitchen Ranges
Aug 11, 2009 | Frigidaire Gallery GLEFM397DS Electric...
Jul 27, 2009 | Frigidaire Gallery GLEFM397DS Electric...
70 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!