Question about Whirlpool Cabrio WTW6600SBK
I just bought this machine 2 months ago and today i got a problem .i slected my cloths on white wash and after washing when wasing machin goes on rising its skips and a fleshing light of opening door blinking after that all timer just skip and no programe starts just after set any programe after 5 sec the door open ligt star blunking s much worred whats rong with this kindly guide me what to do next
The first thing to attempt for the F01 error is...
Reset it : hold the 'start' button until all lights displayed, then press 'start' again.
Hold the 'start' and 'on/off' button together until it reads d-end or d-off.
It doesnt always work 1st time so keep trying.
F 01 is actually a shorted motor triac. You'll need a new pcb. (Primary Control Board)
Your machine may not have been the cheapest but all Hotpoint electronics hold much the same quality...questionable at best.
A few more things to do before trashing it....
- unplug the washer power supply, close the water valves.
- unscrew two screws that hold the control panel.
- remove the panel - you need the lid to be semi-opened.
- Disconnect and re-connect all connectors to fix any possible oxidation or loosensess - then try the washer
- On the right panel - unscrew the right screw (when standing in front of the washer)
- unscrew all four screws hidden under the bottom cover in the front of the washer that hides also the filter (those still hold the side cover)
- unscrew two more screws at the top back of the washer - they hold the circuit board to the washer body - it needs to be loose
- by pulling the top side of the washer up by the lid and pushing the side cover away "to the back" (with a screwdriver), see how the side cover is held by the top, remove the side cover
- observed the motor and immediately saw heavy corrosion at the ground connection (yellow-green wire) at the motor board and possible slight oxidation at one other connetion of the black wire
- using sand paper and screwdriver clean the contact together with the connector and try the washer
- clean the black wire connection with the same way
- try the washer (spinning program) and hope it works!!
- Empty the drain pipe out - if there is an obstruction... it may cause the motor to overheat and throw you this code.
- try unplugging the black wire and running the spinning program - both the motor AND the pump shouldnt start.
The problem may be in an oxidation of the black wire connection - that is apparently a power supply for both the pump and the motor.
That will cause insufficient voltage and thus a power for the motor but probably still enough for the pump.
The randomness of the problem is probably caused by humidity in the room and maybe some more factors.
The washer is actually opened from the bottom so when you test the washer more times and find a solution, it may be best to cover the connetors with silicon to avoid corrosion or oxidation in the future.
Here are also some tips for putting all together:
When removing the side cover something fell from it inside.
It was a plastic lath that is placed on the nearer edge of the cover and fits both onto the edge of the cover and the adjacent edge of the washer.
It's a bit tricky to put it all back plus there is a plastic piece at the bottom of the side cover that is fixed there also very loosely and keeps falling inside when srewing the filter side screws - but this can be fixed with pliers adjusting the edge of the side cover to make the plastic to fit there tightly.
I'm optimistic one of these solutions will do the trick - try unplugging/re-plugging first.
Thanks for using FixYa - a 4 THUMBS rating is appreciated for answering your FREE question
Posted on Sep 21, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 07, 2010 | Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Washer
Oct 05, 2009 | Electrolux Washing Machines
Sep 22, 2009 | Washing Machines
May 04, 2009 | Whirlpool Washing Machines
Feb 02, 2009 | GE Energy Star WCVH6260F Front Load Washer
Jun 11, 2008 | Fisher and Paykel Fisher & Paykel Washer
Apr 25, 2008 | GE WBVH6240F Front Load Washer
Oct 17, 2007 | Maytag Neptune MAH5500B Front Load Washer
89 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: