Question about Cardiozone Exercise & Fitness
This is a calibration issue and may have nothing to do with the boards. You need to recalibrate as per page 20 of the manual. Press in the eraser end of a pencil in the back of the console to activate the cal process and you do that twice till cl21 shows up. Then you have a lot more that needs to be done. If you dont have the manual let me know.
Posted on Nov 20, 2009
From what I understand, this code appears when the walking belt is moving slower than the console is showing.
The most common problem is belt/deck friction. If you have a belt that has too much friction, it can cause a wide enough speed variation to create an error.
Also before doing anything, check the drive system for a foreign object. Something such as a small marble in the drive system can cause this error code.
If the treadmill had a screeching noise, the bearings in one of the bearings or motor could have had a problem.
Make sure the motor fan is firmly attached to the motor shaft. There are a series of “fins” on the fan that are read by the speed sensor. If it is not properly attached, you can get a bad reading. Also if some of the fins have broken off, a bad reading results.
Check the wire from the speed sensor and make sure it is firmly in place on the sensor and the electronics. Make sure the S F/B LED on the controller flashes as the fan turns. This is telling you the sensor is reading properly. If it doesn't flash, try cleaning the sensor with a Q-tip and rubbing alcohol
Posted on Nov 19, 2009
The code indicates lack of feedback data from the belt motor. The recommended fix is to re-calibrate. Here are the calibration instructions.
Our treadmill is equipped with a software package that will perform a calibration sequence unique to
your specific model number. Please perform the following steps to calibrate the CARDIOZONE
1. Unplug power cord from outlet strip.
2. Attach Safety Key to console.
3. Plug power cord into outlet strip.
4. Initiate calibration sequence. Locate hole on the back of the console and insert the eraser end of a
pencil through the hole and press the calibration switch twice. As show on page 14.
5. CL21 should appear in the Time window, if not, continue to press the calibration switch until CL21
Note: During the calibration sequence, the Time window will display which step you are at in the
process (C21, C22, C23 and so on). The CAL/DIST window will display which key should be entered
next. For example, “E” for Enter, “P” for Power, or “SS” for Start / Stop.
6. CL21: MPH or KPH will be flashing in the Speed window, pressing the Speed +/ - button will toggle
options. Choose MPH (KPH), press Enter.
7. CL22: 8, 10, or 12 (13, 16, or 20 in KPH mode) will be displayed in the Speed window, pressing the
Speed +/ - button will toggle options. Choose 10 (or 16 for KPH mode), press Enter.
8. CL23: FFF, UUU, or HHH will be displayed in the Speed window, pressing the Speed +/ - button
will toggle options. Choose UUU, press Enter.
9. CL24: 111 or 222 will be displayed in the Speed window, pressing the Speed +/ - button will toggle
options. Choose 222, press Enter.
10. CL25: AL1 or AL2 will be displayed in the Speed window, pressing the Speed +/ - button will
toggle options. Choose AL2, press Enter.
11. CL26: OPA or OPI will be displayed in the Speed window, pressing the Speed +/ - button will
toggle options. Choose OPA, press Enter.
12. CL27: Blank (nothing), “a”, “b”, “c”, or “d” will be displayed in the Incline window, pressing the
Speed +/ - button will toggle options. Choose Blank, press Enter.
13. CAL/DIST window will display “E”, Press Enter. “55” will display in CAL/DIST window.
14. Press Start/ Stop.
15. At this time, make sure you are not standing on the walking belt, as the machine will automatically
initiate belt movement and run through a complete calibration and diagnostic routine.
Press Enter, belt will begin to move, unit will begin self-calibration.
16. When Speed and Incline calibration has finished, press Power button twice, display should blank,
and treadmill should be ready for use.
To avoid possible damage to the treadmill and the possibility of injury, do not
operate the treadmill until the problem is corrected. Call Keys Technical Service
at (888) 340-0482.
Good Luck! I hope this is very helpful!
Posted on Nov 18, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 03, 2013 | Cardiozone Supersport Hr Club Commercial...
Nov 27, 2012 | Treadmill Doctor CardioZone Elite Max HRT...
Sep 19, 2012 | Exercise & Fitness
Dec 14, 2010 | Keys Fitness Exercise & Fitness
Aug 23, 2010 | Cardiozone Supersport Hr Club Commercial...
May 21, 2010 | Proform 785 Treadmill
Mar 13, 2010 | Cardiozone Supersport Hr Club Commercial...
Feb 11, 2010 | Cardiozone Exercise & Fitness
Oct 10, 2009 | Keys Fitness Exercise & Fitness
114 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: