Unlocking a Cisco 7940
1) Unplug the phone
2) Plug the phone back in while holding the # key
The phone will soon display “Reset key sequence detected”
3) After several lights flash press the following keys in order:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 * 0 #
4) The phone will then ask you if you want to save the network configurations:
Save network cfg? 1=yes 2=no
5) The phone will soon display “Factory reset initiated” and will continue
through the boot up process.
If that process fails to work for some reason there
is a second method.
Complete these steps:
- Press Settings.
- The Network Configuration lock symbol must be unlocked. If not, exit to the main window and press ** # again.
- Press 3 on the keypad (or scroll down) for Network Configuration.
- Press 33 on the keypad (or scroll down) to Erase Configuration.
- Press the Yes softkey.
- Press the Save softkey.
The phone will now be reset.
Also see this linkhttp://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/...tain.htm#93250