Question about Computers & Internet
I guess ur using a licensed and updated antivirus (i prefer avg/kaspersky)..!!
this is a common problem now days, probably itz caused by a virus/trojan..
download microsoft kb890830, install n run
also possibilities of:
u may not hv java runtime/adobe flash player/shockwave player installed..
the windows firewall is limiting the site..
may b ur antivirus is doing so..
some spyware/trojan horse also may play foul..
sometime it also depends upon the browser u r using..
may b it is black-listed or restricted by using 'content advisor' (in case of internet explorer) in ur computer by some user or the above..
may b it is being filtered by the 'phishing filter'..
there may b possibilities that the site may contain 'active content'..
the Software part:..
1)hv a licensed and UPDATED antivirus installed (i prefer avg/kaspersky, remember, without updation a full version antivirus is useless)..
2) download, install n run microsoft kb890830..http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=AD724AE0-E72D-4F54-9AB3-75B8EB148356&displaylang=en..
3) download n run Startup Control Panel..http://download.cnet.com/Startup-Control-Panel/3000-2094_4-10039330.html..'remove all the unnecessary startup items from here..(if u can't find what to remove, post me/us in ur comment with all the items listed in each n every tabs herein)..
4) remove all unnecessary software from add/remove programs..
5) download, install n run 'Advanced System Care Pro'..http://download.cnet.com/Advanced-SystemCare-Pro/3000-2086_4-10399324.html..
6)disable the following:..
a)'Automatically Restart' right click on my computer->properties->advanced->startup n recovery->(uncheck on the) Automatically Restart;
b)'Error Reporting' right click on my computer->properties->advanced->error reporting->disable error reporting->(uncheck on the) 'but notify me when critical error occur'..
7) Increase the size of Virtual Memory, Initial: 1440; Maximum: 2880
if u r bot a professional, always better to seek advise from ur system admin/vendor....
Posted on Nov 18, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 14, 2013 | Toshiba Satellite L635-S3012BN Notebook
Jun 07, 2011 | Codemasters Brian Lara International...
Jan 03, 2011 | Acer Aspire One Netbook 8.9" Notebook
Apr 08, 2010 | West Wood Studios Command and Conquer...
Jul 17, 2009 | Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Mar 06, 2009 | Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service...
Dec 12, 2007 | HP LaserJet 3055 All-In-One Printer
106 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!