Question about HP Computers & Internet
I guess ur using a licensed and updated antivirus (i prefer avg/kaspersky)..!!
this is a common problem now days, probably itz caused by a virus/trojan..
download microsoft kb890830, install n run
also possibilities of:
u may not hv java runtime/adobe flash player/shockwave player installed..
the windows firewall is limiting the site..
may b ur antivirus is doing so..
some spyware/trojan horse also may play foul..
sometime it also depends upon the browser u r using..
mayb it is black-listed or restricted by using 'content advisor' (in caseof internet explorer) in ur computer by some user or the above..
may b it is being filtered by the 'phishing filter'..
there may b possibilities that the site may contain 'active content'..
the Software part:..
1)hv a licensed and UPDATEDantivirus installed (i prefer avg/kaspersky, remember, without updationa full version antivirus is useless)..
2) download, install n run microsoft kb890830..http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=AD724AE0-E72D-4F54-9AB3-75B8EB148356&displaylang=en..
3) download n run Startup Control Panel..http://download.cnet.com/Startup-Control-Panel/3000-2094_4-10039330.html..'remove allthe unnecessary startup items from here..(if u can't find what toremove, post me/us in ur comment with all the items listed in each nevery tabs herein)..
4) remove all unnecessary software from add/remove programs..
5) download, install n run 'Advanced System Care Pro'..http://download.cnet.com/Advanced-SystemCare-Pro/3000-2086_4-10399324.html..
6)disable the following:..
a)'AutomaticallyRestart' right click onmy computer->properties->advanced->startup nrecovery->(uncheck on the) Automatically Restart;
b)'ErrorReporting' right click on mycomputer->properties->advanced->errorreporting->disable error reporting->(uncheck on the) 'but notifyme when critical error occur'..
7) Increase the size of Virtual Memory, Initial: 1440; Maximum: 2880
if u r bot a professional, always better to seek advise from ur system admin/vendor....
Posted on Nov 18, 2009
Testimonial: "thank you..for the support.."
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 16, 2014 | Facebook Social Network
Oct 13, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Nov 17, 2012 | Computers & Internet
May 16, 2010 | Facebook Social Network
Oct 22, 2009 | eMachines T3656 Celeron 440 1GB DDR2 160GB...
Oct 05, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Jun 06, 2009 | Facebook Social Network
Mar 24, 2016 | HP Computers & Internet
436 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!