Question about Everex StepNote NC1502 Notebook
Probably itz either minor case of software corruption/improper ground/cpu fan..
or major case of faulty or defective main board/ram/daughter or addon card(s)..
..plz do check the following as in order:..
the Hardware part:..
1)a)in power on mode, open/unplug the data/vga cable of the monitor from cabinet..see if raster or 'osd' is appearing on the monitor screen..if so monitor is ok..else replace the monitor and see..[not applicable in case of laptop]..
b) in case of laptop try to get output from external display unit/monitor using vga port..if there's proper display in there..the problem is probably with either the 'lcd' or 'ccfl' or 'inverter circuit'..
2) if u hv a graphics card, replace with a standby or onboard and see..[not applicable in case of laptop]..
3) unplug mains supply..pick open/remove the cmos battery..check (above +3v)..resit..
4)see if the ram(s) is loose/faulty..open clean/remove carbon & or oxide formed on the teeth with an eraser n resit it..or replace with a standby n see..
5) a) see if ur hdd is noisy or emitting any 'ticking' noise (like 'tuk tuk' or 'kirr kirr')..
b) or if the system is not supporting either the newly installed device or itz software/driver /firmware
if so, u need either a fresh os installation or ur hdd is likely to b replaced..
6)remove/clean dust neatly..dust is non-uniform in nature n may cause jam/short circuitry/excess resistance n many more..resulting an increase in heat..
7) open the CPU Heat-Sink with fan out of the socket..put some "Heat Sink Compound" (available in local electronics chip level spare market) between the cpu/processor and the CPU Heat Sink *** fan..resit/fit it tightly in position..
8)on main/mother board..see with a debug card for mb error..may b short..look for defective capacitors(esp above1000mfd)/mosfets..go through the mb's south bridge n the circuit lie around atx connector..the crystal clock generator (if cpu isn't heating up)..
9) [in case of desktop] the smps itself may b defective/faulty..check the outputs of smps viz. 0v (black~ground); +12v (yellow); +5v (red, green~ps-on, violet~pg& grey~sb); -12v (blue); -5v(white); +3.3v(orange)..the 'oscillator and error amplifier ic', or pwm switching regulator circuit..look for defective protector-transformer/resistance(esp 4.7k)/mosfet..
check the battery n adapter [main power], in case of laptops..
if u r bot a professional, always better to seek advise from ur system admin/vendor....
Posted on Nov 18, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 20, 2015 | eMachines Computers & Internet
Aug 01, 2013 | DFI Computers & Internet
Oct 07, 2012 | Dell Inspiron M5030 Laptop
Sep 05, 2012 | Computers & Internet
Dec 28, 2011 | HP ProLiant ML370 G4 Server
Aug 07, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Mar 01, 2009 | HP Compaq Presario SR1630NX PC Desktop
Feb 22, 2008 | Gateway 960 Series (gtwy960) Server
Jun 03, 2009 | Everex StepNote NC1502 Notebook
146 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: