Question about Air Conditioners
Remote control units have diagnostic program in the
control, after 3 to 5 minutes of operating if the diagnostic
tools detect abnormal operation, then its shutdown the unit
to protect from damage. Thermistor sensor is one of the
parts that detect the operation of the unit. Out of range
or defective thermistor can shut the operation of the unit.
- If your indoor and outdoor is clean start the unit in cool mode and monitor the outdoor pipes. If your suction pipe is icing or dry then your unit is under charge, but if your suction is cold and sweating then the system is ok and sure that the thermistor sensor is defective.
- Out of range thermistor sensor in both return air and freeze up sensor can cause the tripping “off “ the unit. The resistance of both thermistor is 8 to 10k ohms@25 deg. C temp. , so can test by using ohm meter.
- Try also to check the voltage in you area if normal, loose ac outlet.
- Be sure that unit is clean no obstruction in your air out and air in.
- Unplug the unit to reset the c6 error.
Posted on Jan 12, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 08, 2008 | LG LSC183VMA Split System Air Conditioner
Feb 27, 2011 | Air Conditioners
Feb 03, 2011 | LG LA185HV Split System Air Conditioner
Dec 16, 2010 | Air Conditioners
Aug 22, 2010 | Comfort-Aire EHW 12 Air Conditioner
Jul 27, 2009 | LG LSC121PMA Split System Air Conditioner
Jun 17, 2009 | Samsung AS18A6RB Air Conditioner
935 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: