Question about HP PSC 500 All-In-One Printer
I just loaded this all in one printer to my 2000 windows pro computer, today, and when I first loaded it my scanner worked, just fine. Now when I go to use it gives me an error message saying "Cannot Connect To PC", and when I try to access it from my pc it says that it cannot detect this and to make sure it's connected properly. Any advice on this so that I can get my scanner back?
I understand that you are unable to scan from computer as well as from the printer front panel.
The issue that you are experiencing might be with the USB drivers unable to detect the printer.
However, please follow the below given instructions to resolve the issue.
Check for the communication between the computer and the printer by following the below given instructions:
To isolate the issue I suggest you to try scanning from Imaging for Windows which will scan from the all-in-one product using TWAIN software instead of the HP software.
1.Verify that the all-in-one product power is turned on and the printer cable is properly connected.
2.Click Start then Click Programs then Click Accessories then Click Imaging.
3.From the Imaging application, click File, and then click Select Device.
4.Select the HP all-in-one device from the TWAIN source list.
5.Click File, and then Acquire Image.
If you are unable to scan from the above steps, then confirms that the issue is with communication.
Refresh the USB composite drives to resolve the issue.
1. Right-click My Computer (in Windows XP, click Start first), and then click Properties.
2. Select the Hardware tab and then click Device Manager.
3. Click the Plus (+) sign next to Universal Serial Bus Controllers.
4. Click the USB Composite Device entry to highlight it, and then click Action and then click Uninstall. If a screen appears to confirm the deletion, confirm the deletion.
5. Disconnect the USB cable to the all-in-one, wait a couple seconds, and then reconnect the cable. This should restart Windows device detection (Plug and Play).
6. A New Hardware found screen may appear, click Next through all of the screens that appear for the Wizard to install the USB Composite Device. Click Finish once the wizard completes.
Then try scanning, even if the issue still persists uninstall and reinstall the USB drivers:
1. Save and close all programs that are currently running.
2. Click Start, select Shut Down, and choose Restart the computer.
3. Press the F8 function key, this will display the Windows Startup menu.
4. Select Safe mode.
5. After Windows loads in Safe mode, right-click the My Computer icon and select Properties.
6. Select the Hardware tab and click the Device Manager button.
7. In the Device Manager Window, double-click the Universal Serial Bus controllers.
8. Right-click the device listed under Universal Serial Bus controller and select Uninstall.
9. Click OK to confirm the removal of the device.
NOTE: Repeat steps 8 and 9 until all the devices under Universal Serial Bus Controller are removed.
The USB port is now uninstalled.
Now, restart the system. The system automatically detects and reinstalls the USB port.
Then try scanning this should resolve the issue.
If you are unable to scan from software, try running the scan diagnostic utility from the below weblink:
Here is the web link to download scan diagnostic utility:
Just copy and paste the entire link into the Internet browser's address bar and press enter.
Even if the issue still persists uninstall the complete All-in- one software and reinstall it.
This should resolve the issue.
Posted on Jan 10, 2008
LOST MY ACANNER OPTION RE INSTALL PAKAGE
Posted on Jun 11, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 05, 2011 | HP OfficeJet 7310 All-In-One InkJet...
Sep 09, 2009 | Polaroid SprintScan 4000 Film Scanner
Aug 04, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jul 09, 2009 | Canon DR 3020 Path-Through Scanner
Jun 17, 2009 | HP Officejet Pro L7680 All-In-One Printer
Jan 08, 2009 | HP OfficeJet 7310 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 14, 2008 | Tamarack ArtiScan 2400FS Film Scanner
Dec 30, 2007 | Nikon LS 2000 Film Scanner
Aug 30, 2007 | Samsung SCX 4521F All-In-One Laser Printer
230 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!