Question about Dacor DMT2420SS Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Microwave light appears to have burned out. How

Microwave light appears to have burned out. How do you replace it?

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    Superstar:

    An expert that got 20 achievements.

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Dacor Master
  • 9,047 Answers

We would need your brand and full model number...

Posted on Nov 21, 2011

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

How do you repair the surface light on microwave


You know how when you turn on a regular light bulb and it burns out with a bright flash? What happens is that when the filament burns out, it breaks and bounces back and hits the other electrical post and basically shorts out causing that bright flash. Sometimes, when the light bulb in the microwave burned out, it shorted out, and caused the circuit-board trace to burn up. (This is not just conjecture; I've seen it.) If that's the case, then you would have to replace the main control circuit board. Unfortunately, a rather expensive repair for no lights. (Although the circuit board trace can usually be repaired by direct-soldering a wire to replace the burned trace. Sears repairmen won't do this, but an independent electronic technician could do it.

Apr 23, 2014 | Kenmore 62622 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Whirlpool microwave model mh1150xmb


please test this steps and fix it. God bless you

  1. Light bulbIf your microwave light bulb is not working, perhaps it has blown. The first step is to replace the bulb and power on the microwave. If this does not correct the issue, the next step is to check the socket and wiring to verify if that is the problem.
  2. Light bulb socket & main control boardIf your microwave light bulb is not working after the installation of a new bulb, check the light socket as well as the wiring to ensure they are properly operating. If these sources are functioning properly, the next step is to check for a faulty control board as a possible root cause to your microwave light bulb malfunction.
cac2fea3-4ef0-49a3-b17b-698c60318973.gif

Nov 19, 2013 | Whirlpool MH1150XM Convection/Microwave...

2 Answers

My GE JVM1540 microwave appears to run but it won't heat. The lights and turntable work but it does not heat at all.


you will have to replace the microwave, sounds like a burned out magnetron, replacing the magnetron is almost as expencive as a new oven...

May 05, 2011 | GE Spacemaker JVM1540 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

My microwave has a hole burned through the door.


This can start when food splatters on the inner door, then from that point the microwaves that do the cooking are attacking that splatter eventually burning a hole in the door. Do not use the microwave oven in this condition. You will need to have the door parts that are damaged replaced

May 08, 2010 | Westpoint TV-201 Microwave Oven

2 Answers

GE Spacesaver JVM 1651 Not heating, making burning smell


Fisrt, check to be sure your missing cat it not inside the unit. IF the interior is dirty (splatters, grease, etc.) , it may inhibit the unit from working properly.

:-)

Nov 22, 2008 | GE JVM1651 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Smoke Coming from inside of Microwave even when warming for 10 seconds


Proberly wave guide cover at side it can get grease behind it,And when you used it with small load it tried to cook it and then burned the mica cover,Take mica cover off and try it without it to seeif problem resolved if ok,New cover can be obtained if req.Regards grandadfixer

Oct 10, 2008 | Thermador MBBS Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Louder than normal noise when using and bad 'burning' smell


You need to stop using your microwave if it's burning. This is a common symptom of a blown magnetron. Using it in it's current condition is not only dangerous, but it will further damage other components in the high voltage circuit and/or waveguide. In many circumstances, damaging the waveguide renders a microwave non-repairable. A new magnetron will cost you around $100 if you wish to repair this yourself. NOTE: I would not recommend working in or around the high voltage circuitry unless you absolutely know what you are doing. Do not attempt to take any live voltage measurements or operate the oven with any of the protective covers removed or interlocks defeated. Voltage potentials of over 13,000 volts exist and are potentially dangerous. I hope this helps you.

Feb 20, 2008 | GE JVM1660 Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Dacor DMT2420SS Microwave Oven Logo

Related Topics:

42 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Dacor Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9047 Answers

Jerry Greenberg
Jerry Greenberg

Level 3 Expert

1667 Answers

Steven Clarke
Steven Clarke

Level 2 Expert

222 Answers

Are you a Dacor Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...