Question about Canon Rebel XT / EOS 350D Digital Camera
My camera will not focus. When you try to take a picture an error 1 message comes up. It won't take pictures in manual focus or auto focus. I bought the camera on ebay for Christmas without a memory card. Before I bought a memory card I took the camera out of its box, charged the battery and tried it out. I was able to take about 5 or 6 pictures. IT WORKED PERFECTLY! When I tried to take a seventh picture, everything went wrong, as I have just described above. I tried putting a memory card in, I tried a lens off my old 35mm, nothing helps.
Try to shoot without a card. or better use a known good card. [:0)
Posted on Jan 13, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
1. Make sure camera is off, and then remove the batteries and memory card.
2. Close the battery door.
3. Press and hold down the on/off button for 1 minute.
4. Release the on/off button, and reinsert the batteries and memory card.
5. Power the camera on.
Next reset the settings of the camera to the factory default.
1. While the camera is on, press and hold the menu button for approximately 10 seconds.
2. The screen should then display the message "Reset settings to default".
3. "Cancel" will be highlighted so move to the right and highlight "OK".
4. Press the SET button once "OK" has been highlighted.
5. The screen will say "busy" while the settings are returned to the default
Nov 28, 2011 | Canon PowerShot A75 Digital Camera
Mar 19, 2011 | Fuji FinePix A400 Digital Camera
Jan 12, 2011 | Panasonic DMC-FX37 Digital Camera
Mar 28, 2009 | Fuji FinePix S1000FD Digital Camera
Feb 18, 2008 | Fuji FinePix F45FD Digital Camera
Dec 16, 2007 | Canon Rebel XT / EOS 350D Digital Camera
Jul 09, 2006 | Fuji FinePix S5500 Digital Camera
68 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: