Question about Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
When this machine was started after connecting the Color Image Reader-E1/F1, the screen for the shutdown sequence appeared (and E732-9999 was recorded as an error history in service mode). When the main power switch was turned OFF/ON by following the instruction on the screen, the error code "E732-8888" was displayed. When connecting the Color Image Reader-E1/F1, follow the field remedy below.
- E732-9999 is recorded when a printer model detects a scanner for the first time. (This is not an error code but an alert.)
- E732-8888 can be displayed when a different scanner is connected to this machine.
1. Connect the Color Image Reader to this machine. (Do not connect the DDI cable).
2. Turn ON the main power switch.
3. Change the setting values of the following service mode items.
- Service mode > COPIER > Option > BODY > W/SCNR: from '0' to '1'.
- Service mode > COPIER > Option > BODY > SCANTYPE: from '1' to '0'.
Reference: For the Color Image Reader-E1/F1, this mode has to be set to '0'. On the other hand, it has to be set to '1' for the Duplex Color Image Reader-G1.
- Color Image Reader-E1: Platen cover model
- Duplex Color Image Reader-F1: Two-sided reversal reading type ADF model (DADF-M1)
- Duplex Color Image Reader-G1: Two-sided simultaneous reading type ADF model (DADF-T1: only for the iRC5180)
4. Turn OFF the main power switch, and connect the DDI cable.
5. Turn the main power switch ON.
Note: How to turn OFF the main power switch.
When turning off the main power switch, be sure to follow the steps below to protect the HDD inside this machine.
1. Hold down the control panel switch for 3 sec or more.
2. Following the instruction displayed on the shutdown screen, operate the control panel. (The main power switch is turned OFF automatically.)
3. If there is a need to unplug the power cord (from the wall outlet), perform step1 and 2 above before unplugging it.
Posted on Nov 17, 2009
Testimonial: "Good suggestion. Problem isolated, but not fixed yet. Could you please help with question I added in the comments? (how to enter service mode?)"
Code Erreur E000073-0001
Posted on Mar 13, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 25, 2014 | Canon Ir-c5185i With Feed, Fax, Finisher,...
Dec 05, 2013 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Jun 05, 2010 | Canon imageRUNNER 5000 Copier
Nov 20, 2009 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 17, 2009 | Canon ImageRunner 2220N Copier
Sep 25, 2009 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Jun 05, 2009 | Canon imageRUNNER 2000 Copier
Mar 12, 2008 | Canon USA - COPIERS - ImageRUNNER 2010F...
Dec 25, 2007 | Canon imageRUNNER 3300 All-In-One Laser...
997 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!