Question about Laser Logitech O - V450 Nano Cordless Mouse - Lt Grey
I can't seem to get the cursor to go where I want it to go. Having problems with the left & right click sometimes too. Not responding too well?????!!!! Not too sure abt the model #. It just says logitect laser.
Please help. Thks
Common problem of either the surface or the mouse, get replaced with a standby..!!
however, to b in safe hands, check the following:
the Hardware part:..
1) see if the ram(s) is loose/faulty..open clean/remove carbon & or oxide formed on the teeth with an eraser n resit it..or replace with a standby n see..
2) a) see if ur hdd is noisy or emitting any 'ticking' noise (like 'tuk tuk' or 'kirr kirr')..
b) or if the system is not supporting either the newly installed device or itz software/driver /firmware
if so, u need either a fresh os installation or ur hdd is likely to b replaced..
3) remove/clean dust neatly..dust is non-uniform in nature n may cause jam/short circuitry/excess resistance n many more..resulting an increase in heat..
4) open the CPU Heat-Sink with fan out of the socket..put some "Heat Sink Compound" (available in local electronics chip level spare market)between the cpu/processor and the CPU Heat Sink*** fan..resit/fit it tightly in position..if necessary change the fan..
5) on main/motherboard..see with a debug card for mb error..may b short..look for defective capacitors(espabove1000mfd)/mosfets..go through the mb's south bridge n the circuit lie around atx connector..the crystal clock generator (if cpu isn't heating up)..
the Software part:..
1) hv a licensed and UPDATED antivirus installed (i preferavg/kaspersky,remember, without updation a full version antivirus is useless)..
2) download, install n run microsoft kb890830..http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=AD724AE0-E72D-4F54-9AB3-75B8EB148356&displaylang=en..
3) download n run Startup Control Panel..http://download.cnet.com/Startup-Control-Panel/3000-2094_4-10039330.html..'remove all the unnecessary startup items from here..(if u can't find what to remove, post me/us in ur comment with all the items listed in each n every tabs herein)..
4) remove all unnecessary software from add/remove programs..
5) download, install n run 'Advanced System Care Pro'..http://download.cnet.com/Advanced-SystemCare-Pro/3000-2086_4-10399324.html..
6) disable the following:..
a) 'Automatically Restart' right click on my computer->properties->advanced->start up n recovery->(uncheck on the) Automatically Restart;
b) 'Error Reporting' right click on my computer->properties->advanced->error reporting->disable error reporting->(uncheck on the) 'but notify me when critical error occur'..
7) Increase the size of Virtual Memory, Initial: 1440; Maximum: 2880
contact ur system admin/vendor....
Posted on Nov 17, 2009
Click on control panel click on mouse to see if there is something you can do to make your mouse a little more responsive.. i had a logitec also and they are a bit-t-c-h to use. also make sure the reciever the part that plugs into the pc is in a light colored spot or surface the same for the mouse. a sheet of printer paper will work.. laser mice do not like a dark surface..to much light absorbtion...good luck bye.
Posted on Nov 17, 2009
For God's sake the problem is with the mouse. The FIRST thing to check is to replace it with another mouse and see if problem disappears. Yet the guy/gal is talking about dismantling the computer. It is like somebody complaining about his shoes and the expert doctor tells him he needs to undergo a quadruple bypass surgery. Be reasonable man give sensible advice.
Posted on Dec 01, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 03, 2017 | Office Equipment & Supplies
May 11, 2017 | iHome 3 Button Fast Track Laser Mouse...
Jan 31, 2013 | Microsoft Computers & Internet
Jan 16, 2012 | Dell Computers & Internet
Mar 10, 2017 | Packard Bell 160240 Mouse
Jul 29, 2010 | Logitech Cordless Mouse
Aug 06, 2009 | Acer Aspire One Netbook 8.9" Notebook
Apr 24, 2008 | IBM ThinkPad T40 2373 Notebook
Oct 03, 2007 | Macally BTMicro Mouse
521 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: