When I dial the phone it is using pulse dialing and it is slow. I t is known that tone dialing is faster than pulse dialing. I don't have the manual of the phone. I just wanted to know how to switch from pulse to tone dialing. Can you help me? Thanks. ;-)
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
might you have your phone set for tone on a pulse line???
Do you know what kind of line you have?
You can use pulse and/or tone on a tone line. But you cannot use tone on a pulse line.
A pulse line is cheaper ... I have a pulse line from the mid 70's and I refuse to upgrade it (costs more) to tone - whats the point - I never get any calls and im not in that big a hurry to dial for the extra couple bucks they want.
The cordless phones supports pulse dialing than tone now a days. If your provider supports pulse dialing & tone you can just change the tone to pulse to use cordless phone. Otherwise you have to request for pulse dialing from your provider. --------------------------------------------------------------- We appreciate your feedback; it will help us improve this Web site. Please select 'YES' if satisfied.
depends on the telephone exchange . Suggest switching to Tone signalling . MTDF - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulse_dialing
Old technology- Pulse or Decadic Signalling - the line is broken by a relay contact or if even older a rotary dial manual switch contact - Dial a 9 you would break the line connection 9 times and send nine pulses.
Tone sends two frequency tones that encode the number that you selected and is a much faster dialing system and more modern method.
Here's what the manual says:
Changing the Dial Mode (Tone or Pulse Dialing)
Your phone can communicate with the telephone network in two different
ways: tone dialing or pulse dialing. These days, most phone networks use a
method called tone dialing, so your phone comes programmed for tone dialing.
If your phone company uses pulse dialing, you need to change your phone's
dial mode. If you don't get a dial tone or can't connect to the telephone
network, follow the steps below to modify your phone?s settings:
With the phone in standby, press and hold [cid/menu].
Press [vol/ / ] to move the pointer to select DIAL.
Press [select/channel] to set the phone to pulse dialing.
Return the handset to the base. The handset communicates the new
setting to the base, and the base activates the setting on any other
Hope this helps out.
The Vetech phone will only support tone dialing. It does have a menu option that turns tone on or off but it still will not allow pulse dialing. I had to change the phone service from pulse dialing to tone dialing to get the phones to work. As it turned out, the phone company no longer charges extra for the tone service.
1) When the phone is in standby mode, press and hold the caller id/menu key. 2) Press the vol/ / key three times to select Dial. 3) Press the select key to toggle between Tone and Pulse. 4) Press the end key or return the handset to the base unit to complete the setting. The handset returns to standby mode. This phone also has a feature that allows you to use Pulse dialing to make calls, but allows you to switch to tone dialing for automated systems (like “Please Press 1 for English) here are the steps for that: Initially make your call with the pulse dialing mode. Once your call connects, press the */tone key. Enter the desired number. These digits will be sent as tone dialing. Once the call ends, the tone mode is canceled and pulse dialing mode resumes.
hold the select button down a few seconds until you'll see a 'tn' on the readout. this sets it to tone. hold it down again and it will set back to 'Pu' for pulse. i figured this out by accident. the losers at vtech never answered my question.
TONE/PULSE DIALING This adjustment allows you to select tone (touch-tone) or pulse (rotary) mode dialing. The phone is pre-set for touch-tone use. To set to tone or pulse dialing: 1. Press and hold the program button for two seconds. You will hear a beep. 2. Press the *tone button to select Tone Dialing or press #pause to select Pulse Dialing. 3. Press the program button again. You will hear a confirmation tone.
If the 900MHZ phone is Model 26928M programming for rotary dial usually goes like below, can't hurt to try on any model.
This adjustment allows you to select tone (touch-tone) or pulse (rotary) mode dialing. The phone is pre-set for
touch-tone use. To set to tone or pulse dialing:
1. Press and hold the program button for two seconds. You will hear a beep.
2. Press the *tone button to select Tone Dialing or press #pause to select Pulse Dialing.
3. Press the program button again. You will hear a confirmation tone.