Welcome FixYa! I'm the expert that has chosen your issue to fix. Now let's get started!
I believe the issue is that your machine is set to Manual Mode. The manual mode is used where you have only one phone line and you only receive occasional faxes. In this mode, the machine won't automatically take faxes, but you can send faxes fine.
If this is the case, and you receive a lot of faxes and you only want to receive faxes only, you will need to change your mode to Fax Only, as follows:
- Press Function, then
- Press Data Registration, then
- Press Set, then
- use up/down arrows to find RX Settings on the display, then
- Press Set (ECM RX will Display), then
- use up/down arrows to find RX Mode, then
- Press Set (Fax/Tel AutoSw will display, then
- Use up/down arrows to find (Fax Only Mode), then
- Press Set (Incoming Ring should be displayed), then
- Press stop/reset to return to standby mode.
- Confirm that display reads (Fax Only).
The machine will now treat all incoming calls as faxes and ignore all voice calls.
Thats about it! Thanks again for using FixYa.com
P.S. - If you find that the solution/answer I provided led you to, or resulted in a fix, please close the ticket with a FixYa! rating. I would be very grateful for your show of appreciation. If it hasn’t, please do not assign a rating just yet. Please post back as to what steps you took, results, etc, and I will try to assist you further as best I can. I am at your service.