Question about NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
To connect to your wireless router, it needs its wireless settings configured and also the wireless card in all the laptops and or computers needs to be configured with the router’s wireless settings. Then the laptops and desktop computers can communicate with your wireless router.
To set-up and secure the wireless router from unauthorized access, follow these steps: -
1. Connect the wireless router to your computer with a LAN cable.
2. Start your browser and enter the router's configuration URL IP address.
3. Enter the router setup, login and password
4. Change the admin password
5. Go to the wireless settings and change the default SSID and turn off SSID broadcast.
6. Setup encryption key the strongest is WPA2 (if not then WPA).
7. For further security measures - turn on MAC address filtering and enter the MAC address of the wireless cards on the computer/s you want to connect to this wireless router.
8. Record the settings you have made and keep it in a safe place and Save the settings.
9. Configure the wireless cards on the computer/s with the SSID and encryption settings of the router.
10. Remove the LAN cable between the router and the computer then the computers should be able to connect to the router wirelessly.
Posted on Nov 17, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 28, 2013 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Feb 21, 2011 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Jan 07, 2011 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Oct 30, 2010 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Oct 05, 2010 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Jun 12, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Jun 12, 2010 | NetGear WG602 54Mbps Wireless G Access...
Jan 03, 2010 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Dec 04, 2009 | NetGear WG511T 108 Mbps 802.11b/g Wireless...
Apr 27, 2009 | NetGear WGT624 Wireless Router
183 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: