Question about Kenmore Dishwashers
Kenmore Elite dishwasher model # 665.7697 wont drain anymore. Machine is about 2 years old.
Quick tips: Not draining the water out....
Posted on Nov 23, 2009
Hello. When a dishwasher will not drain, there are a few things that will need to be checked. Let's begin by removing the lower front panel of the dishwasher, you will need a #2 phillips head screw driver to remove the screws holding it. Once off, you will see the drain line leading from a small pump up and into the sink cabinet where it attaches to the drain [or the disposal if you have one under the sink].
Now let's do this:
1. Get some rags or a shallow pan and be ready to capture about two cups of water when you disconnect the drain line from the base of the dishwasher. remove the clamp at both ends so you can physically check the drain line to be sure it is clear of obstructions.
2. Remove the small pump that the drain line was attached to and look inside of it to be sure it is not partially blocked with debris.
3. If you have now found the blockage and removed it you can reassemble everything, problem solved. IF not read on.
4. If the motor isn't turning or working, the unit won't drain. First check to be sure you have power to the dishwasher. If the motor hums but doesn't turn, it may need to be replaced.
5. If everything seems ok with the motor, we must look to the timer, although it is unusual for this to be the problem. Part of what the timer does is control the motor and drain valve.
happy holiday, Regards, Joe
Posted on Nov 22, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 30, 2012 | Kenmore 24 in. 17482 / 17484 / 17489...
Apr 07, 2017 | Kenmore Dishwashers
Jul 05, 2010 | Kenmore 24 in. 17482 / 17484 / 17489...
Mar 05, 2010 | Kenmore 24 in. 17482 / 17484 / 17489...
Feb 11, 2010 | Dishwashers
Jan 21, 2010 | Kenmore Dishwashers
Jan 01, 2010 | Kenmore 24 in. 17482 / 17484 / 17489...
Nov 29, 2009 | Kenmore Dishwashers
Oct 05, 2009 | Kenmore Dishwashers
56 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: