MY CALIBER 3600 IS POWER ON BUT THE SQUARES WHEN BOOTING IS NOT APPEARING IT JUST STAYS ON THE FIRST SCREEN. TRIED THE RESETTING TIP BY HOLDING DOWN RIGHT CORNER AND THE POWER BUTTON FOR A COUPLE OF MINUTES BUT IT DIDNT WORK
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
First you'll have to power off the system.
Please power on the system and as soon as you see the Dell logo please tap the F2 button 3 - 4 times.
The computer will go to the system setup. Check if the screen goes blank here.
If the screen stays on then try this.
1. Please power off the system.
2. Please power on the system and as soon as you see the Dell logo please tap the F8 button 3 - 4 times. You'll reach the Windows Advanced Boot Options Menu on the screen.
3.Select Safe mode with Networking.
4. Select Administrator at the log in screen.
5. Warning dialog box with the message Windows is running in safe mode. appears. Click the Yes button.
6. The desktop appears with the words Safe Mode appearing in all four corners.
7. Uninstall the video drivers and restart the computer.
8. Resintall the video drivers.
if it will not power up, you don't have many options.
unscrew the head of the sylus to access the rest tool Press the reset at the back with the stylus This is re-booting, all data safe still here.
Hard reset is last resort...data erased here. Press the reset button again as above after you release, press the power button, keep pressing until the message ( all data stored is about to be erased )
to complete the reset press the upper half of the scroll button, on the front, The digitizer screen appears
pressing any other button here performs a soft reset.
Please try these...... 1. If it happens after appearing the windows logo, Your RAM is working fine. Normally it happens when the HDD fails(Bad Sector or Faulty Head) or the MBR(Master Boot Record) got corrupted. 2.Check whether any noice is coming from HDD on Booting.If YES...then the problem with your HDD 3.Try with a fresh or working HDD
You'll have to do a hard reset. Push the reset button, then hold the power button until the Palm Power appear and then release the power button. Next it will ask if you want to erase the data. I hate to said this but select yes. No will not work. Then after the inital set up run a HotSync.